1 - 8 of 8 Posts

kcixcy

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
We have always stayed with the tried and true Greek tradition of dying all of the Easter eggs red, although having some different colors for the kids can certainly be fun!

greek-easter-720x480.jpeg

Reactions: Joni T.

Joni T.

We have always stayed with the tried and true Greek tradition of dying all of the Easter eggs red, although having some different colors for the kids can certainly be fun!

View attachment 92
In our family, only red eggs, symbolic of the blood that Christ shed for us. I guess different colors could have been fun as long as the true symbolism was internalized. As for a trendy way to dye them? Red food coloring doesn't do the trick. I purchase some non-toxic dye from Sophia's Market in Lowell, MA. My mother actually used to use Ritz dye...thank God we didn't get poisoned!

Last edited:

k_tsoukalas

In our family, only red eggs, symbolic of the blood that Christ shed for us. I guess different colors could have been fun as long as the true symbolism was internalized. As for a trendy way to dye them? Red food coloring doesn't do the trick. I purchase some non-toxic dye from Sophia's Market in Lowell, MA. My mother actually used to use Ritz dye...thank God we didn't get poisoned!

I can't believe they used ritz dye!!! Remember we used to use food coloring, but the eggs would be pink LOL. The dye we get from the Greek store works really well.

Last edited:
Reactions: voula_slat

Joni T.

Mom, I can't believe they used ritz dye!!! Remember we used to use food coloring, but the eggs would be pink LOL. The due we get from the Greek store works really well.
Yup, I speak truth. That's what MY mother did. I never did.

StamatiaMaria

View attachment 92
I tried the dye from the greek markets as well as the 'american' dyes but can't get it right. I heard that using onion skins or beet roots do a good job, trying to decide which to try this year. Anyone have a good/bad experience with either?

I tried the dye from the greek markets as well as the 'american' dyes but can't get it right. I heard that using onion skins or beet roots do a good job, trying to decide which to try this year. Anyone have a good/bad experience with either?
I've tried beet root before, the color wasn't as strong but I did like the fact that it was all natural so it was sort of worth it. Something about eating the eggs after they're soaked in chemical dyes doesn't sit right with me.

TatianaS

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!
We use birthday candles (because they are thin) to draw on the eggs BEFORE you dye them. If you do that then the dye does not adhere to the egg and you can see the design in white after it's done! They look great!

What are your favorite Greek news websites?

I’ve been wanting to stay caught up with a Greek and use for sometime now, but I don’t have really good access to Greek TV through cable or through my smart TV. I usually like to watch on YouTube or on the websites directly. Can anyone recommend me a Greek news channels that posts on the internet that have really good journalism? I like to have a new perspective and keep up with what’s going on in Greece in Europe. Thanks so much everyone! Happy new year!

A traditional Greek Christmas glendi (party)

This is the exact video I was watching last year in the middle of the pandemic, savoring time dancing with old friends. This is one of the most popular Greek tv shows that showcases Greek culture in the best way. In the video, you will see some of the most popular Greek songs with Greek dances and its of cheer and kefi! I hope you enjoy and that your Christmas is just as happy. Xornia Polla se olous kai kali xronia!

Relaxing Greek music instrumental

This is one of the best Greek music instrumentals that I like to listen to when Im reading and working at home! Geia mas to all of the world wide Greeks community who like to have kefi and play some great tunes. Please post some great instrumentals in the comments, I love a good bouzouki solo! Cheers :)

Celebrating Ephiphany Italian style in Venice!♥️

Greece wins 2004 Euro Cup! One of the most important moments in Greece sports history

Many may think that the Olympics is one of Greece’s most important historical moments about sports. But for those soccer fans and Greeks, you know that Greece winning the 2004 Euro cup was perhaps one of the most unexpected and important moments of sports culture in Greece. Greece was considered an underdog, and no one would ever think that they would win the euro, which is what made the win so sweet. I hope to one day see Greece over come all the odds and have a win like that again.
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter