1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

Does anyone have any good Greek mythology book recommendations for teens? I would love to get a gift for my niece who is turning 13 this month, she really loves to read and I would love to introduce her to Greek mythology and her heritage. Thanks!!!

Reactions: John Stefan
J

John Stefan

Yes I do. Below are 3 good Greek Mythology Books to recommend for teenagers.

1 - Atticus The Storyteller 100 Greek Myths

2 - Usborne Greek Myths for Young Children

3 - Titans and Olympians Greek and Roman Mythology Myth and Mankind

I hope this helps as they are all very good books in my opinion so any or all of them will do.

kind regards John Stefan

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

I love the Percy Jackson series! It's inspired by Greek mythology, not actual Greek mythology

J

John Stefan

Below are the pictures of the 3 books that I recommended

kind regards John Stefan

Attachments

• 51JVXPDPJQL.jpg
    51JVXPDPJQL.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 51yTe0rVelL.jpg
    51yTe0rVelL.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 71XYn7WRlHL.jpg
    71XYn7WRlHL.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

Below are the pictures of the 3 books that I recommended

kind regards John Stefan
I used to have Greek Myths for Young Children! You're bringing back so many memories

k_tsoukalas

I read the Edith Hamilton one when I was in middle school. I think I was a bit too young, but high school age might be about right for that one.

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

Aion is the Greek god of time

There are many Greek mythological gods that represent some of the most important concepts in humanity, most importantly: time. Aion is the Greek god of time in addition to Chronos. Most of them share this responsibility, but Chronos came first in the timeline of the Greek gods. He is a symbol of the long reign of the Roman Empire and has a female counterpart known as Aeternitas. I couldn't find much more information, but if someone knows more about him please let me know :)

Did you know that Chronos (Greek god of time) is the father of the Olympians?

Chronos who is the Greek god of time actually had children! And many as many Greek gods and goddesses do, he had many! He had six children who are known as the Olympians. Their names are Chiron, Zeus, Hera, Posiden, Hades, Hestia and Demeter. They are perhaps some of the most important figures in Greek mythology, which is why it shocks me that so few people know that they are all Chronos' children. Not surprisingling, there was a lot of drama and incest that occurred between these siblings. Let me know if you'd like for me to post more about them!

The classic myth of the golden fleece

This is a classic story from Greek mythology. As you will see in the video, this fleece was from a coveted golde ram whose hair was made out of gold. Anyone who was able to get their hands on this fleece would be considered a true king and would gain access to power over the land. This is where the story gets a little more complicated...

Antigone is one of the most twisted Greek myths of all time

There are so many twisted and strange Greek myths that exist, but Antigone is probably one of the most freakish in my opinion. Antigone is the child of Oedipus and Jocasta, who is his mother. That makes Antigone the product of incest, and both the daughter and grandchild of Jocasta, and the daughter and sibling of Oedipus. The myth of Antigone is more focused on her efforts to bury her brother, Polynices. But personally all I can focus on is this twisted nature of her existence! The Greek gods were one hell of a people LOL.
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter