1 - 5 of 5 Posts

redsoxdw_

Any Corfu travelers? I’m looking to visit some of the best museums in Corfu. I only have a few days to visit the island so I want to go to at least two museums. Which ones should I go to?

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Achilleion Palace is amaaazzzingg! I went with my friend from Corfu, she suggested it. This palace belonged to Empress Elizabeth of Austria who was inspired by mythology to create a palace that reflected its ancient heritage. Much of the artwork in the palace is dedicated to the mythological legends and gods. Here’s the link: https://www.greekboston.com/travel/achilleion-palace-corfu/

Reactions: francescool

francescool

The Mon Repos Palace is so cool. It’s an old palace built by a British commissioner. The palace is now utilized by the Municipality of Corfu and visitors are allowed throughout the year.

LetsBookTravel

You can also visit Casa Parlante museum in Corfu

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

Reactions: LetsBookTravel

What is the culture of Corfu like?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of traveling to Corfu for my next vacation, but I don't know too much about the island. Before traveling I really like to learn about the places that I'm visiting so I have some cultural context. What is a culture like? How does Corfu differ from the other Greek Islands? Can anyone give me some insight?

Are there any foods traditional to Corfu?

I would love to visit Corfu one day and learn about what regional dishes they offer. I know that I want to travel all over Greece, and try the classics like Gyro, moussaka and all of that good stuff. But I know that there's so much more to learn about and try, especially in Corfu, I’ve even heard of a regional type of pastitsio that they have. Does it look and taste like this one?

Vegetarian-Pastitsio-720x1079.jpg

Looking for the beaches with the bluest water in Corfu

Hey hey everyone! I’m trying to find some insta-worthy blue waters in Corfu. What are some of the top beaches you’ve been to in Corfu and where would you go again? This is the type of beach i’m looking for

Corfu-720x389.jpg

What are some of the best dishes local to Corfu?

Hi guys! First time visitor to the Ionian islands here! What should I get a taste of in Corfu? Any tips?

Best things to do in Liston Square

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter