1 - 5 of 5 Posts

redsoxdw_

Any Corfu travelers? I’m looking to visit some of the best museums in Corfu. I only have a few days to visit the island so I want to go to at least two museums. Which ones should I go to?

Reactions: acamp7
Achilleion Palace is amaaazzzingg! I went with my friend from Corfu, she suggested it. This palace belonged to Empress Elizabeth of Austria who was inspired by mythology to create a palace that reflected its ancient heritage. Much of the artwork in the palace is dedicated to the mythological legends and gods. Here’s the link: https://www.greekboston.com/travel/achilleion-palace-corfu/

Reactions: francescool
The Mon Repos Palace is so cool. It’s an old palace built by a British commissioner. The palace is now utilized by the Municipality of Corfu and visitors are allowed throughout the year.

You can also visit Casa Parlante museum in Corfu

Reactions: dimi_pat
Reactions: LetsBookTravel

Recommendations for the best hikes on Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and have heard that it's a paradise for hikers and nature lovers alike. With its stunning landscapes, the Ionian sea's mesmerizing views, and lush trails winding through ancient olive groves, I'm eager to explore some of the island's best hiking trails.

That being said, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for the insights and experiences of those who have tread these paths before me. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or someone who enjoys leisurely walks amidst nature, I would love to hear your recommendations on finding a good hiking trail. I'd prefer it to be scenic, and it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that, I am open to just about anything!

Thanks in advance!

Favorite things to do in Corfu?

Although I had been exploring the possibility of visiting the Cyclades this summer, it might not work out. I have some friends on Corfu, and there might be a wedding that I have to go to (but even that is up in the air).

So, I thought I would gather some information just in case I end up there. What are your favorite things to do in Corfu? I have been before, but I haven't spent much time consecutively there. If I end up having to go to a wedding, I will be there for at least a few weeks, so I will have plenty of time. Last time I went I felt like all I did was visit people, which is fine, but I want to get out more this time around.

Visiting Corfu this Summer

I am thinking to head to Greece this summer and I want to spend my time going places I have either never been before, or have only spent a short amount of time at and I would love to return.

Corfu is on my list. I don't know much about it s I am having a hard time focusing my attention so that I can plan my time. I have about five nights to spend here. My most immediate concern is, do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the island?

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back