1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

I always need to catch at least one museum on my way out of Greece. The history is just too rich! Where should I go to in Corfu?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few museums that I have heard about located on the island of Corfu, Greece (in no particular order):

- Acharavi Folklore Museum
- Byzantine Museum

There are some of the museums that I have heard of, can anyone else recommend any other good ones to visit?

k_tsoukalas

I love the museums in Greece! So much history and culture. Here are some options:

corfujan

Here are a few museums that I have heard about located on the island of Corfu, Greece (in no particular order):

- Byzantine Museum

There are some of the museums that I have heard of, can anyone else recommend any other good ones to visit?
I second this, I really enjoyed the Arachavi Folklore Museum and recommend it!

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Corfu is one of the best places for a honeymoon getaway

Corfu is a great spot for a honeymoon for those looking to stay in a single destination or for those who want to island hop! You can go to Lefkada and Kefalonia since they are pretty close, I suggest going by boat although you can also choose to fly if you prefer. If you want to go somewhere romantic, I suggest the old town and Arillas beach. There are really great hotels on the South Eastern part of the island by the coastline.

Horseback riding in Corfu!

This is from a trip we took a while back!! We got to take the horses up and round the mountain. I miss vacations like these
7329190E-4605-4DF5-9389-DED265C457A6.jpeg

Corfus weather during the summer months

This is what you will expect from the climate in Corfu during the summer months! Great weather

June​

• Temperature: 61.5° F (16.4° C) – 82.4° F (28° C)
• Precipitation: 14.1 mm
• Climate: 4.9 days of rain on average, 324.2 hours of sunshine, water temperature 69.8° C (21° C), warm/hot, muggy, 95% clear
• Humidity: 63.4%

July​

• Temperature: 65.1° F (18.4° C) – 87.6° F (30.9° C)
• Precipitation: 9.2 mm
• Climate: 2.3 days of rain on average, 364.5 hours of sunshine, water temperature 73.4° F (23° C), hot, muggy, 95% clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 60%

August​

• Temperature: 65.8° F (18.8° C) – 88.3° F (31.3° C)
• Precipitation: 19 mm
• Climate: 3.4 days of rain on average, 332.8 hours of sunshine. Water temperature 75.2° F (24° C), hot, 57% muggy, clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 62.2%

Check out Casa Parlente in Corfu

This is one of the best places to visit when in Corfu! I highly recommend visiting this 19th century mansion that shows you history in a super unique way. The museum has animatronic figures inside, so it can be a little creepy lol. I don't recommend taking small children to visit, they might get spooked. The museum is right by the water so its great for a short visit and then a stroll
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter