1 - 6 of 6 Posts

knicks_fan87

Please let me know some of the best places you’ve been to in Kefalonia! I’m dying to go and want some advice on where to go. Pictures would be appreciated :)

Reactions: cubrinj

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the best places on Kefalonia are the town of: Agia Efimia, Assos, Fiscardo and Lassi...don't remember where this photo was from, its been awhile!

fiscardo-kefalonia-720x481.jpeg

vkarag

lake Melissani and Xi beach with cold waters and red sandmelisa.jpgparalia-xi.jpg

Miacat

Assos, Fiskardo. The drive from Argostoli is absolutely breathtaking.

Attachments

• 43A655A4-49B9-42F5-B7FE-68620A608503.jpeg
    43A655A4-49B9-42F5-B7FE-68620A608503.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ED3CD065-CB61-4466-A48E-356C06CAC2C5.jpeg
    ED3CD065-CB61-4466-A48E-356C06CAC2C5.jpeg
    29.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 669781F2-F7EE-4FC6-86FC-3661A9E6D95C.jpeg
    669781F2-F7EE-4FC6-86FC-3661A9E6D95C.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 0
  • E4F0913A-FB9F-4776-A637-2C34D34F5C23.jpeg
    E4F0913A-FB9F-4776-A637-2C34D34F5C23.jpeg
    37.3 KB · Views: 0

redsoxdw_

cubrinj

You should look into the Domaine Foivos winery. It has some of the best wine I've ever tasted in Greece and it's the oldest winery in the country!

Have you been to the Monastery of Themata in Kefalonia?

This monastery is one of the oldest landmarks on the island. I was so shocked to find out that it was originally built in 1096. It has been restored over time, of course, but much of the monastery remains in good condition. The name behind the monastery is debated, and its true origin is actually unknown. I've never been, but I have been doing a little bit of research about the monastery and I'm considering a visit when I go to Kefalonia this year. Has anyone on the forum been to the monastery or perhaps the nearby area of Agia Dinati Mountain?

These are the top monasteries that you should visit in Kefalonia

If you were interested in learning about the Greek Orthodox religion, monasteries are a great way to start. They represent a very traditional and preserved part of the religion, that you will not find in the church. I always recommend visiting operating monasteries so that you can get an opportunity to see the monks. Here are some of the top ones in my opinon

1. Monastery of Argilion
2. Monastery of Agios Andreas
3. Monastery of Lagouvarda
4. Monastery of Sissia

The Kefalonia-Ithaca Geopark is now an official member of the UNESCO World Geoparks Network

This is huge news for Kefalonia and the conservation of the geopark. This means that UNESCO will play a pivotal role in supporting efforts to educate about and preserve the sustainability of the geopark. This will have an impact on tourism and help sustain some of the eco-tourism efforts that we have been seeing all around Greece. Bravo to the government and the municipality of Kefalonia!

Weather in October in kefelonia

Hi there would like to visit during the uk half term from 21st October but could you tell me what the weather is usually like and if the bars and restaurants are still open at this time of year. Thank you

kefalonia best area to stay

Does anyone recommend where the nicest part of Kefalonia is to stay with nice beaches not fishing villages or ports
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter