1 - 5 of 5 Posts

acamp7

I love the beach, but when I'm in the city I like to cool off at a nice rooftop pool. Any tips for good pools that are open to the public? I don't usually stay in hotels fancy enough for a pool LOL

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Most people don't think of pools when going to Greece since the beaches are so amazing, but here are a few good resources that talk about some of the best public pools in the Athens area:

Hope this helps!!

Reactions: Vangelis
Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso is home to Divani Athens and Thalasso Centre. The vast 3.500m2 Spa and Thalassotherapy centre is the only facility offering Thalassotherapy in the Athens region and has been awarded as Greece’s Leading Spa Resort. Located on a privileged setting next to the sea, the centre offers revitalizing Thalassotherapy programs and a selection of beauty and fitness treatments

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis

kosta_karapinotis

Divani Apollon Palace & Thalasso is home to Divani Athens and Thalasso Centre. The vast 3.500m2 Spa and Thalassotherapy centre is the only facility offering Thalassotherapy in the Athens region and has been awarded as Greece’s Leading Spa Resort. Located on a privileged setting next to the sea, the centre offers revitalizing Thalassotherapy programs and a selection of beauty and fitness treatments
Thanks for the advice!!

k_tsoukalas

I don't think I have ever been in a pool in Greece! I usually just find a reason to hit the beach and take a dip in the sea. :) I will say that I stayed at the Divani Apollon Palace once and the pool did look really nice, even though I never went into it.

Are there any areas where US expats hang out in Athens?

As I've posted before, I've been looking to retire in Greece. Kind of hard when I don't speak Greek though, so Id like to make a couple of American, Canadian, UK, or Australian friends who speak English. I'll be in Athens for a while, does anyone know if there are any spots where foreigners hang out?

Monastiraki and Plaka are the best areas of Athens hands down!

Monastiraki and Plaka are the best place for shopping and eating restaurants! They're both really close to the Acropolis and there are many local shops and restaurants. I really love the area and highly suggest that you visit the area and even get a hotel that's closeby because there are just so many things to do. Its pretty safe, which is important because Athens is getting slightly dangerous. :)

Plaka-Athens-720x479.jpg

Athens Marathon Event Opens September 1

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter