1 - 6 of 6 Posts

kcixcy

I've been in quarantine since someone at my work got covid so I'm trying to brush up on my Greek! My husband's family is Greek and I'm trying to connect with them a bit more and try to learn more Greek than just the basics. Any advice would be super helpful, efharisto!

cf_fraiser

I find that the best way to practice a language is to watch TV shows! I recommend any Greek soap operas with English subtitles. You can find most of them on youtube

You can find online tutors through Italkie.com! I used it to brush up on my French

Hash

I find that the best way to practice a language is to watch TV shows! I recommend any Greek soap operas with English subtitles. You can find most of them on youtube
Truly best advice....I learnt Greek by watching TV and and old movies and soaps.....then asking friends and you will get the hang of it.... when it will come it will fall in place... easy to navigate later on... Yasou apo mena from Thailand.... Kalley Mera.

Reactions: cf_fraiser

cf_fraiser

Truly best advice....I learnt Greek by watching TV and and old movies and soaps.....then asking friends and you will get the hang of it.... when it will come it will fall in place... easy to navigate later on... Yasou apo mena from Thailand.... Kalley Mera.
Thanks! Yes old movies are great, my favorite old Greek movie is Antigone

Reactions: Hash

Sundance

I have been learning French, via a link called DUOLINGO, I have found it a brilliant site, much better than a tutor I tried the first year or my quest to learn French, it is completely free. It teaches you any language, try it.

Reactions: Hash

What's your favorite airline to use to travel from the U.S. to Greece?

Im planning my tip to Greece now and I'd love to hear your experience about which airlines are better or worse. I find long trips super tiring so I want to make sure my experience is a good as possible. THanks

What are the best ways to practice my Greek online?

I've been in quarantine since someone at my work got covid so I'm trying to brush up on my Greek! My husband's family is Greek and I'm trying to connect with them a bit more and try to learn more Greek than just the basics. Any advice would be super helpful, efharisto!

What are the best UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Greece?

My goal is to visit as many world heritage sites as possible and I'm going to be going to Greece this year! What are your favorite sites in Greece?

How long does it take to travel from Athens to Thessaloniki?

Do you guys usually take a bus? drive? or fly? And how long does each of these methods take in your experience? I'm not sure if I trust google lol

Where can I find a small picturesque village in Greece?

I'm looking for a small village to visit and get a taste of true authentic Greek culture, kind of like the one in the picture below. Where can I find something untouched by tourists?

myrina-lemnos-greece-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter