1 - 3 of 3 Posts

ssherie_

I am a self-proclaimed coffee lover so I would love to know what our Greek people's most favorite coffee's. I usually go for something really strong like espresso? Let me know your faves!

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Coffee in Greece is great! I would say a double Greek coffee is nice a strong, and Frappe (iced coffee) is also great on a hot day!

Greek-Frappe-250x375.jpeg

Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

I am a coffee connoisseur myself. One of the most famous Greek coffee's is the traditional Greek coffee, also known as Turkish coffee. It's pretty strong, and not for the week of heart.

Order-Coffee-in-Greek-720x480.jpg

Why is the club sandwich so popular in Greece?

I'm Greek, and one of my favorite things to order at a cafe and on the beach is the club sandwich. By the looks of it, it's probably not Greek....LOL. Does anyone know where it comes from? And we why love it so much?

sandwich.jpg

Is baklava Greek or Turkish?

I don't mean to be controversial here...but I'm curious about the origins of baklava. I've heard a lot of debate, does anyone know where it comes from?

baklava2.jpg

What is the recipe for traditional Greek salad?

So many of my Greek friends have been telling me that Greek salad is not supposed to have lettuce in it. Is that true? Can someone give me the traditional recipe?

Recipe for Greek Easter lamb marinade

Does anyone have a really good marinade for lamb? I really wanna try it out for easter but I'm a little bit intimidated not gonna lie. I want to make it in the oven with potatoes like this:

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

What are some Greek Easter desserts?

What do you usually serve for desserts at Greek Easter? I'm invited to a socially distanced Greek Easter gathering but I've never been to an easter party before, and I want to bring a dessert. Thanks

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter