1 - 4 of 4 Posts

nm1999

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

axariotisxy

Check out this video, I hope this helps!

cf_fraiser

Phrases like "how do you say this in Greek," "do you speak English?" and "my Greek isn't very good" are always helpful to know.

The Local Favour

Efharisto and a kalimera with a smile always do the trick.
Greeks just like everyone else always appreciate when someone does the effort...

What are the most useful Greek phrases while traveling?

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

Do you have any car rental tips for Greece?

Hi guys! I'll be renting a car to travel around Greece and take road trips with the fam. Is there anything specific about renting cars in Greece that I should know about? Thanks :)

Should I use credit cards or cash while traveling in Greece?

I don’t love to carry cash around when i’m traveling because i’m scared of being pickpocketed, but I know in certain countries many stores and restaurants don’t have credit card machines or they prefer cash. What is everyone's experience? And what would you recommend?

Should I get a Greek passport?

I'm Greek-Australian, and I've never considered getting a Greek passport until COVID made it easier to travel to Greece with proof of citizenship/passport. Do any other children of Greek immigrants have passports? Have you found it to be worth it?

Peloponnese vacation pictures!

I would love to see all of your vacation pics from Peloponnese or the mainland! So many people forget that it's just as nice as the islands. This is a beautiful hotel I stayed at in Peloponisos that used to be a monastery

peloponesse.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter