1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Hi guys! Film and history buff here. I especially love old foreign films, do any of you have some Greek favorites?

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
There are so many traditional old Greek movies that are great, but this is often left up to personal taste.

I would say one of the best. high level Greek history documentary film is on Youtube and can be found here:

greek_ggirl

I love America America!! It's so old and it's a good insight to what life in the olden days was like in Greece.

Reactions: nickstamoulis

What is the myth of Santorini and Atlantis?

I didn't know that the myth of Atlantis and Santorini had anything to do with each other. What is the story behind the beautiful tourist island and the mythical city?

atlantis-720x481.jpg

What role did Mani play in Greek independence?

Does anyone know what role Mani played in starting or encouraging Greece's independence? I love Mani! The region is so beautiful

mani.jpg

Why did the Greek civil war start?

Does anyone know a bit more about why the civil war in Greece started?

How did Alexander the Greats empire span so far?

Does anyone know what made his empire so successful?

empire-alexander-the-great-900x441.jpg

What is the history of the split between the Catholic and Orthodox church?

I know the answer is probably super complicated...but I never actually knew what happened and how we ended up with so many different types of Christianity. Can anyone elaborate or recommend any good documentaries that are historically accurate?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter