1 - 6 of 6 Posts

dimi_pat

Mine is the water mill hands down! This revolutionized so many things and made a huge impact!! What is your favorite Greek invention?

water-mill-720x480.jpg

Reactions: Vangelis

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite invention that the ancient Greeks created is democracy! 🇬🇷 🇬🇷

Vangelis

Ok, as an engineer, especially one that is particularly interested in computers, my favourite invention is the Antikythera mechanism which is on display in the National Archaeological Museum in Athens.

1633913056390.png

Reactions: efhernandez_

efhernandez_

Ok, as an engineer, especially one that is particularly interested in computers, my favourite invention is the Antikythera mechanism which is on display in the National Archaeological Museum in Athens.

View attachment 775
Woah...I can't believe they have the original one, so cool

Avgolemono soup

• Haha
Reactions: francescool

francescool

The fire pump!!

How do you celebrate Oxi Day?

How do all of you celebrate? I love attending any parades that are happening

Oxi-Day-720x480.jpg

What geographical areas did Ancient Greece rule?

I didn't always know this....but I decided to do some research. These are the main areas where Ancient Greece ruled although it spanned all over the world at one point

Where-Was-Ancient-Greece-Exactly.jpg

What is the best topic for a history paper about Greece?

One of my friends is taking a modern Greek history course, and he's struggling to find a topic for hispaper. I told him about this forum, and I'm thinking that some of you history buffs would have good ideas. The paper is supposed to pinpoint a pivotal moment/change in Greek history and discuss how the leadership and government influenced this change. Any ideas?

Theodoros Kolokotronis was the leader of Greek independence

I remember learning about Kolokotronis in Greek school. He was one of the most pivotal figures in the Greek independence movement. He was a general, politician, and a leading advisor to the Greek independence movement. If anyone has any documentaries about him, please share I would love to watch them

Theodoros-Kolokotronis-720x971.jpg

The history of building with stone in Greece

As you may have noticed, many houses in Greece are built with stone (as you'll see in the picture below). Historically, houses in Greece were built with stone because it was readily available and very sturdy. Stone also keeps the houses cool, which is a big problem because it can get very hot and dry in Greece

stone-house-greece1-720x540.jpg
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter