1 - 2 of 2 Posts

ssherie_

Who are you guys repping? I'm a Panathinaikos fan myself, but just because my friend's family (who is Greek) is! They'd be so mad if I supported another team ahaha

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Although, I am a much bigger Red Sox fan (yes, some Greeks like baseball too!), but for Greek soccer, I would vote for Olympiacos! :)

Mother in laws Greek homemade air freshener recipe

My mother in law has this amazing recipe for an "air freshener" when the house needs a pick me up
All you need to do is boil these ingredients on low for a few hours. Make sure it doesn't burn though!!
-Orange peel
-Cinnamon
-Lemon peel
-Star anise
-Water

Ragoutsaria is one of the lesser known Greek traditions!

This is one of the lesser known customs that people don't know about!! Between the 6th and the 8th of January, people get dressed up with symbolic and often scary masks to exorcise the evil spirits from the city. I thought it would be nice to share with all of you. Are any of you from Kastoria? That's where this custom is practised

Best Greek music mix!

5 hours of some of the best Greek music! I play this in the background while I'm working or doing chores around the house, it's so great and really gives me kefi ahaha

How much of modern Greek traditions are based in ancient Greece?

I wonder how much of modern Greek culture is based on the Byzantine and Ottoman empire and how much is from ancient Greece. I'm not Greek but my husband is and I'm trying to learn more about the culture, any help and opinions from all of you have been super helpfuL!

What are some Greek-American traditions

I’ve seen many posts about Greek traditions. But what are some Greek American ones? I’d love to hear your favorites!!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter