1 - 4 of 4 Posts

tomipark

I don't usually fast, but I like to eat lenten food because I believe it can sometimes be healthier and I eat it as a "cleanse" of sorts every now and then. I find that many of the lenten recipes have beans, which im not a huge fan of...does anyone have any good Greek lenten recipes to recommend that don't have beans? Some of the ones that ive tried so far are okra, stuffed vegetables and a Greek version of Italian risotto. I would love to try more!

Patisqua

Coleslaw. Cabbage - finel sliced white and purple cabbage , grated carrots, sliced celery and capsicum. Combine well in serving bowl. Add non dairy spinach dip (instead of mayonnaise), salt and white pepper to taste. Combine well - i use my hands wearing disposable gloves. When making for 2 persons, I use 1/2 container of spinach dip. For family gatherings I use the whole container. Cover and keep refrigerated till ready to serve. I purchase the spinach dip from Aldi grocery stores. Καλή όρεξη.

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

There are many eggplant dishes such as imam baildi and moussaka (without beef)

k_tsoukalas

My favorite lenten dish is actually cabbage salad with lemon and a little sea salt and tomato soup with rice!

What are your favorite Greek summer recipes?☀️

Now that summer is in full affect, I definitely want to start cooking some great Greek summer recipes! Does anyone have any Greek recipes that are perfect for summer, I'm looking for something light, fresh, and potentially made on the barbecue! If you're able to drop some recipe links, even better!

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

Strawberry covered ekmek kadaïfi

This dessert is one of the best I’ve ever made! It’s a simple ekmek kadaïfi recipe that I found from google and I topped it off with pistachios and strawberries. It tastes just as good as it tastes.
B688E5EE-1414-4CCB-9F1A-1B6D37621EAD.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter