1 - 8 of 8 Posts

knicks_fan87

I personally don't love okra, but when its cooked right it can be so tasty! For reference to those of you who haven't tried it, its a vegetable that has a slimy texture and is cooked in a red sauce, which is mainly the reason people don't like it.

Bamies-Me-Saltsa-Okra-with-Tomatoes.jpg

ellinasgolfer0320

I wouldn't touch them like that (I generally don't like okra), but my wife bakes them in a tomato sauce with chicken... It's pretty good!

Pickled okra is really good btw, and they have a crunch to them when you pickle them.

efhernandez_

Im not a huge fan, Ive only tried fried okra (American version)

Hash

I wouldn't touch them like that (I generally don't like okra), but my wife bakes them in a tomato sauce with chicken... It's pretty good!

Pickled okra is really good btw, and they have a crunch to them when you pickle them.
We eat them raw here in Thailand!!😀🤗..Bamies.... Greek style Yummmmmmy!..... Being mostly vegetarian these dishes are a big treat!

Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

If you prepare them properly they aren't slimy

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Hash

Very beneficial for intestinal clearance and detoxification, for sure.......mum used to make a lot in Nairobi, Kenya where I was born... Kalley Mera from Thailand.

k_tsoukalas

Okra is really delicious when cooked Greek style, but it has to be done right. It can't be overcooked or else it gets really slimy.

Reactions: Hash

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

What are some of the easiest Greek recipes?

I'm looking for something super simple to make this weekend. I'm so tired from a long work week and I just want something healthy and of course Greek to snack on. Does anyone have some super simple and easy Greek recipes that I can make at home?

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter