1 - 4 of 4 Posts

ssherie_

The Egnatia Quarter looks amazing! (My friend took this pic while she was there). I'm planning on visiting when I'm in Thessaloniki...and I'm wondering what else can I do in the area?

Egnatia-Neighborhood-Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

nik_ma

Egnatia avenue has fashion boutiques, shoe shops and bakeries where you can buy snacks and coffee.

Reactions: greggd12

greggd12

Lefkos pirgos (the white tower) is just down the street! The area is good for browsing and shopping around and it's right on the water

k_tsoukalas

There are some Byzantine churches in this neighborhood you might want to visit. They're all beautiful in their own way.

Visiting the Jewish museum in Thessaloniki is a great way to learn about history and culture

The Jewish Museum honors the rich Sephardic heritage and creativity starting from the 15th century. Thessaloniki was a safe haven, in 1492 after the expulsion from Spain by King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella. Jewish people brought knowledge of Renaissance culture as well as Western Mediterranean languages!! So cool to learn about this history

Road trip through Thessaloniki and Chalkidiki

Anyone love road trips like me? Thessaloniki is a great place to start off for your road trip. I found this video and it does a really great job of showing all of the great sights

Do you have any tips for boat tours to Mount Athos?

I would love to take a day trip to Mount Athos from Thessaloniki, any tips for which company I should use? And are boat tours more full now during covid? How far in advance should I book?

You should check out the Bey Hamam in Thessaloniki!

This is one of my favorite spots in the city!! Constructed in 1444 by Murda II, Bey Hamam is an Ottoman Bathhouse. It is located east of Panagia Chalkeon on Egnatia Street.

bey-hamam-thessaloniki-720x480.jpeg

You can read more here

What part of Thessaloniki is overrated?

I saw someone else post in the Athens forum asking what part of Athens is not worth visitng. So I have the same question for Thessaloniki: which part is a bit overrated and shouldn't be worth visiting??
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter