1 - 2 of 2 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

All I know is that there is a really great Canal d'Amor aka the canal of love! Couples and sweethears carve their name in the canal which is so sweet. But what else can I do here?

Sidari-Corfu-720x540.jpeg

Reactions: blopez34

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Recommendations for the best hikes on Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and have heard that it's a paradise for hikers and nature lovers alike. With its stunning landscapes, the Ionian sea's mesmerizing views, and lush trails winding through ancient olive groves, I'm eager to explore some of the island's best hiking trails.

That being said, I'm reaching out to this wonderful community for the insights and experiences of those who have tread these paths before me. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or someone who enjoys leisurely walks amidst nature, I would love to hear your recommendations on finding a good hiking trail. I'd prefer it to be scenic, and it shouldn't be too hard. Other than that, I am open to just about anything!

Thanks in advance!

Unesco World Heritage Sites of Corfu

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and I'm keen on visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located there. Being a bit of a history buff, I believe that exploring these sites can give me a deeper understanding of the island's cultural heritage and historical significance.

Could anyone here share more information about the UNESCO site on Corfu? Is there only one? The Corfu Old Town? What should I prioritize to see in Old Town?

Thanks!

Favorite things to do in Corfu?

Although I had been exploring the possibility of visiting the Cyclades this summer, it might not work out. I have some friends on Corfu, and there might be a wedding that I have to go to (but even that is up in the air).

So, I thought I would gather some information just in case I end up there. What are your favorite things to do in Corfu? I have been before, but I haven't spent much time consecutively there. If I end up having to go to a wedding, I will be there for at least a few weeks, so I will have plenty of time. Last time I went I felt like all I did was visit people, which is fine, but I want to get out more this time around.

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back