1 - 3 of 3 Posts

kcixcy

I’ve heard many jokes (and i’ve seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding) about Greeks eating a lot of meat. Will I be able to survive in Greece as a vegetarian?

k_tsoukalas

Even though that's the joke, that Greeks eat lamb and don't understand vegetarianism, Greeks don't traditionally eat a ton of meat in Greece. It's just that, Greeks don't really understand a diet where anything is restricted. Greeks don't overthink food. They just want it to be delicious, natural, and fresh. Food is often plant based, with meat reserved for special occasions or once in a while. In the coastal areas they also eat a lot of seafood since it is so plentiful.

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

There are so many vegetarian Greek recipes! My favorites are briam, bamies, fasolia, and xorta. There are so many options! Especially in home cooked food. Taverna or restaurant food is a little more difficult.

Favorite type of gemista (stuffed vegetable)?

What's everyone's favorite way to eat gemista? I love stuffed tomatoes and zucchini!!

gemista.jpg

Best kadaifi recipe?

Hey! Does anyone have any really good kadaifi recipe? Thanks :)

kataifi.jpg

Favorite Greek Easter dishes!!?

Drop your pics! What are your favorite Greek Easter dishes? Mine is kokoretsi 😍

kokoretsi.jpeg

What can I eat as a vegetarian in Greece?

I’ve heard many jokes (and i’ve seen My Big Fat Greek Wedding) about Greeks eating a lot of meat. Will I be able to survive in Greece as a vegetarian?

Recipe for Greek Easter lamb marinade

Does anyone have a really good marinade for lamb? I really wanna try it out for easter but I'm a little bit intimidated not gonna lie. I want to make it in the oven with potatoes like this:

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter