1 - 4 of 4 Posts

ssherie_

I've never been to a monastery before...what do I need to know? Is it similar to visiting a church or a mosque?

voula_slat

Women should dress modestly when visiting any monasteries. Shoulders need to be covered and you should wear something a bit longer that covers your upper thighs. Other than that, just be respectful of those around you!

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
It's similar to visiting any religous site. Just be quiet and respectful, especially as there are people who are praying or there for religious reasons, not everyone is there to visit as a tourist.

k_tsoukalas

I should add that for women, pants aren't really allowed. I was wearing slacks and a short sleeve shirt at one place, and I was given a scarf at the door to tie around my waist to make it look like I was wearing a skirt. One would think that pants would be considered "modest", but that wasn't good enough. Someone else in my group was wearing a sundress and she was given the scarf to tie around her shoulders. Someone else was wearing a to-the-knee dress with short sleeves, and that was considered to be a good enough outfit. I would honestly bring along scarf with you no matter what you are wearing, just in case.

Are there any foods traditional to Corfu?

I would love to visit Corfu one day and learn about what regional dishes they offer. I know that I want to travel all over Greece, and try the classics like Gyro, moussaka and all of that good stuff. But I know that there's so much more to learn about and try, especially in Corfu, I’ve even heard of a regional type of pastitsio that they have. Does it look and taste like this one?

Vegetarian-Pastitsio-720x1079.jpg

Visiting the olive museum in Corfu

Has anyone visited the olive museum in Corfu? A buddy of mine told me about it...I had no idea olives were such a big deal LOL. Here's a pic he took of a some super lush olive tree branches he took. I'm adding it to my list, anyone else?

olive tree.jpg

What are the best museums to visit in Corfu, Greece?

Any Corfu travelers? I’m looking to visit some of the best museums in Corfu. I only have a few days to visit the island so I want to go to at least two museums. Which ones should I go to?

What do I need to know before visiting the Theotokos Monastery in Corfu?

I've never been to a monastery before...what do I need to know? Is it similar to visiting a church or a mosque?

Looking for the beaches with the bluest water in Corfu

Hey hey everyone! I’m trying to find some insta-worthy blue waters in Corfu. What are some of the top beaches you’ve been to in Corfu and where would you go again? This is the type of beach i’m looking for

Corfu-720x389.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter