1 - 4 of 4 Posts

acamp7

I'm thinking of only visiting Santorini for three days. My friends are a big history lovers and they want to spend most of our trip to Greece in Athens. But I convinced them that there's no way we're visiting Greece without visiting Santorini. So we decided on just three days, what are the must see things to do on the island? Any advice is much appreciated.

k_tsoukalas

I would definitely find a way to get to Oia for at least one of the days, even if it is just for the day. Stay for sunset. There is a nice walk/hike from Fira to Oia, too, which might be nice to do.

euchoulis

For your friends that love history I definitely suggest that you go to the prehistoric town of akrotiri
Ancient thira
The natural history museum
The folklore history museum
The lost Atlantis 9d museum.
That will keep your friends busy well you can sunbathe or have drinks.
Pm me if you need more info

Reactions: d_kakavouli

d_kakavouli

For your friends that love history I definitely suggest that you go to the prehistoric town of akrotiri
Ancient thira
The natural history museum
The folklore history museum
The lost Atlantis 9d museum.
That will keep your friends busy well you can sunbathe or have drinks.
Pm me if you need more info
Great advice. The folklore museum is wonderful

The best times to visit Santorini

Santorini is one of those islands where the timing is super important! Unfortunately, the island gets super crowded and sometimes dare I say unpleasant because of the number of people and tourists. If you're willing to travel in the off season, I highly recommend it. September to October and April to May are the best times to go. I personally prefer mid September because I like a strong sun so I can get a good tan.

Akrotiri Lighthouse in Santorini is stunning 😍

Who knew that Santorini had such a beautiful lighthouse! This lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's and was build by a French company. This video gives you a great idea of what the lighthouse looks like and what you can expect from visiting. You are unable to visit the inside of the lighthouse unless you are authorized (navy or official business) but it is beautiful to see from the outside or even from a view from some Santorini cliffs. Has anyone ever been?

The truth about costs in Santorini

Have you ever wanted some insight about the reality of how much you would spend in Santorini? Here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing you what some day-to-day expenses would be. If anyone has some advice on where to go in Santorini that is affordable, please let us know!

Is it worth staying at a beachfront hotel in Santorini?

One of the most common things I've heard about Santorini is that it is great for sightseeing and walking around but it is not that great for beaches and swimming. I've heard that the beaches are also hard to get to and are usually at the bottom of a cliff...that being said, does it make sense to get a beachfront hotel in Santorini? Is it true that the beaches aren't that great? Im wondering how much of my time I will actually spend at the beach. Looking forward to replies...thanks!
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter