1 - 8 of 8 Posts

seleanor

I've been debating which airlines to travel to Greece with, and which European countries would be the most fun to visit! What other countries have you been to on the way to Greece (I'm thinking to stop for a few days) and what was your experience? I'm going to take another girls trip to Greece with my dear friends, we loved it and are looking forward to another year!

Jerry s

That depends on where you are coming from, how much spare time you have and what your preferences are.
I would recommend Malta and Croatia if you haven't been there before

Reactions: aegina and seleanor

seleanor

That depends on where you are coming from, how much spare time you have and what your preferences are.
I would recommend Malta and Croatia if you haven't been there before
OOhhh great suggestions! I've never been to either but I've heard great things. Both are good because they're lesser known, but I love that. I live in Newark, NJ so it would be easy to travel to either of those, thanks!

Jerry s

You can fly to Athens direct from Newark but not to either of the other two not even from New York. Limited direct flights from Athens to Valletta but no direct flights to any Croatian city from Athens. You have to fly from Rome . If you wanted to visit all tree, Valletta first then Zagreb via Rome then Athens Via Rome. Malta is beautiful and English is almost their first language.
If you go to Croatia Dubrovnik is a much see and Međugorje in Bosnia, especially if you are religious.

blopez34

You can fly to Athens direct from Newark but not to either of the other two not even from New York. Limited direct flights from Athens to Valletta but no direct flights to any Croatian city from Athens. You have to fly from Rome . If you wanted to visit all tree, Valletta first then Zagreb via Rome then Athens Via Rome. Malta is beautiful and English is almost their first language.
If you go to Croatia Dubrovnik is a much see and Međugorje in Bosnia, especially if you are religious.
Eeek sounds a little complicated! Good luck @seleanor :)

Deborah

Previous to this year, we would buy a Delta/Alitalia ticket Boston-JFK-Athens, with Rome - Boston on the return. Aegean Airlines flies to both Venice and Rome. We took Aegean to Venice; then the train to Rome - very, very easy! With all the COVID protocols this year, we chose #1 Greece only to avoid regulations possibly changing while en route between two countries. However, the Italian journey always felt like a fantastic bonus as we sadly left Greece!

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Having been to Greece many times over the years, I have had layovers in Frankfurt, Germany, London, England, Rome, Italy, Paris France and Geneva Switzerland, only quick layovers for most but did spend time in Paris, Rome and Frankfurt in the past on my way to Greece.

None!!
Don't bother, don't waste time just go straight to Greece.

Greece Tackles Animal Abuse With New Pet Ownership Law !

I thought this is the appropriate place to post as it concerns travellers and summer workers too!We used to see so many abandoned cats and lovely dogs which people bring to the island and leave them behind....my dog Bhoo Bhoo found me by herself,we were the best of friends for many years until she got lost as tears come to my eyes!!😢.....The most saddest part was horses back in late 90s....We had a truly passionate and horse loving keeper from South Africa, after nurturing them, training them,I promoted Horse Back Riding Excursions 🐎.... Really enjoyable experiences for me together working with the Animal Welfare and rescue awareness!

Why are there so many half built buildings in Greece?

There are like SO MANY…someone please explain why!! I’m super curious 😎

Greek PM assures Acropolis Rally is here to stay!

One of the oldest classic event which should be preserved into eternity,I was born in Nairobi Kenya,we had the East African Safari Rally with some extremely tough driving conditions...

Greek Islands See September Arrivals Pouring in

As expected September is going to turn around The Tourism Industry, deservedly so after all the efforts! Bravo sas Elllada mas!❤️❤️

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter