1 - 5 of 5 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

I'm going to be going to a lot of get-togethers over the holiday season, and I love to impress my in-laws by cooking Greek dishes. What would be some good festive dishes to show off my cooking skills? Thanks in advance!! :)

ellinasgolfer0320

Really, you could do anything depending on when you'll see them - bougatsa, galaktoboureko, gigantes, pastitsio, kormos, spanakopita, tiropita, gavros tiganitos (if they come to visit; this is a weird one too), gemista, soutzoukakia, saragli, giouvetsi, zamponotiropita, kouneli stifado, kotosoupa...

Reactions: knicks_fan87
I think meat stews are pretty Great, so like braised lamb with rice or potatoes on the side

I'm going to be going to a lot of get-togethers over the holiday season, and I love to impress my in-laws by cooking Greek dishes. What would be some good festive dishes to show off my cooking skills? Thanks in advance!! :)
If your in-laws are Greek, take nothing, as you would be an embarrassment

Check out these sizzling lamb chops I had in Greece

These lamb chops were phenomenal!!

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.20.30 PM.png

Use fresh Greek chamomile tea to help you sleep before bed

Fresh Greek chamomile can be great for falling asleep and relaxing! Greek herbs have been used for hundreds of years for medicinal and lifestyle purposes. There is so much you can use that comes from the earth.

Chamomile-720x480.jpg

Vasilopita - Cake or Tsoureki?

I recently had a debate with a few Greek friends on what a traditional New Years Tsoureki is. My mother always made a tsoureki with the year on it, as do many other's I know. I have friends who make an orange zest cake with powdered sugar...and others that say it doesn't matter as long as it's some type of cake. One girl even said they don't make their sweet at all, they just make a round loaf of bread.

Curious to see what everyone else does. Is it maybe a regional thing?

How to make kormos (chocolate salami)

Whatever you call this dessert: salami, kormos or mosaiko its amazing!

What are your favorite Greek Christmas recipes? Mine is roast lamb :)

Slow roast lamb is excellent for the winter time! My friends make it all the time during their winter xmas parties, and this is what it looks like.

greek-lamb-recipe-720x480.jpg

What are your favorite Christmas recipes?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter