1 - 3 of 3 Posts

acamp7

What is Paradise Village in Rhodes? And what can I do there? My cousin said that I have to go once I visit Rhodes. It looks beautiful:

paradies village.jpg

tomipark

I've never walked around the village too much, I've only been to the beach in Paradise Village. This beach is 10 km long and runs from Kremasti to Theologos. The beach is organized and sandy making it an ideal spot to relax for the day. If you’re into water sports, you will want to check out the water sports facilities.

cf_fraiser

The area is good for shopping and dining, and there's a beach close by. It's pretty touristy and you can find a lot of souvenir shops

What is the history of the Palace of the Grand Master of the Knights of Rhodes?

I'm thinking of adding it to my list for my trip, but I don't really know the history behind it... has anyone visited?

Palace-of-the-Grandmaster-Rhodes-720x481.jpg

Island hopping from Rhodes

Any advice for island hopping from Rhodes? I have a few days free after I land

rhodes.jpg

What is so special about the deer dama-dama in Rhodes?

I've heard so much about these deer but I don't know what makes them so special. Has anyone seen them around the island?

deer-dama-dama-768x510.jpg

The best place to visit in Rhodes is Ancient Ialyssos!

I love the history of this place! In 480 BC, along with the other two city-states, ancient Ialyssos formed a confederation to protect themselves. Together, these three would form the capital of Rhodes. The capital stretched from this area to present day Rhodes Town. You will see the Temple of Athena, the Doric fountain-house, and the Byzantine fortifications.

ialyssos.jpg

Should I use taxis or get a rental car when traveling in Rhodes?

What do you all recommend? I usually use taxis when I'm in Athens but I've never been to Rhodes before so I'm not sure what my game plan should be

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter