1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nadellii

Rhodes has soooo many castles for such a tiny island! Who knew? Which is your favorite? I can't decide which one I should visit :)

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
There are many castles and great historical places to visit in Rhodes, here are a few ideas to consider on your next trip:

k_tsoukalas

Did you know that the Italian influence in Rhodes is HUGE!

Many people don't know that Rhodes' Italian influence is pretty recent and not from Roman times. The last time Italians set foot in Rhodes was in 1943 after World War 1. It was only until 1947 that Greek became a part of the modern Greek state. Italians really contributed to the development of the island and to the culture and architecture. This is one of the reasons why Rhodes is so unique and has a pretty different vibe than some of the other islands.

Take a day trip to Symi island from Rhodes

Taking a day trip is the easiest way to see many of the islands in Greece. Symi is a pretty small island, so I don't recommend spending many days there. What you can do is take a short ferry to the island and spend it walking around, exploring and heading to the beach. If you're lucky, you'll be able to check out the annual music festival which features artists from around Greece.

Another earthquake hits waters near the island of Rhodes

Another earthquake hit the waters near island of Rhodes this week, it was pretty small and there aren't any damages or losses on the island itself. Many of the islands suffer pretty frequent earthquakes because of their proximity to volcanic and tectonic plates. The island is prepared for this and takes many precautionary measures. The earthquake was 4.5 magnitude which would usually cause slight damage to buildings but gladly it was in the water.

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter