1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cubrinj

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!

ellinasgolfer0320

Pastitsio or spanakopita

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Spanakopita for sure! It's pretty easy, all you need to do is cook down some spinach, mix it with feta cheese, and roll it in store bought phyllo dough.

k_tsoukalas

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!
I would do spanakopita, or something like this, which is always a crowd pleaser. It's more Greek-inspired than traditional Greek, but the flavors are all there. I serve it with crispy pita chips or soft pita bread cut in triangles:

Making a List of Healthy Greek Dishes to Cook at Home

It's still summer, and there is plenty of fresh produce left to eat. I think about the time I have spent in Greece and how healthy I have felt eating that way, and I want to replicate this while home outside of Greece. So, I thought I would make a list of some of my favorite, healthy Greek dishes. Please share yours, too!

1. Village salad (choriatiki)
2. Lentil soup (fakes)
3. Chicken souvlaki (I don't put a lot of olive oil in the marinade)
4. Eggplant spread (melitzanasalata)
5. Dolmades - stuffed grape leaves
6. Spanakorizo (spinach rice)

I am curious - which healthy Greek dishes do you like the best?

Making My Own Phyllo?

I have been having trouble with frozen phyllo - it sticks when I take it out of the package. I will try to switch to a different brand, but I am wondering if I should actually give making my wn phyllo a try? Do you guys have any tips for me?

I found this recipe - does it look good to you guys? I have never done this before:

Interesting Greek Dishes to Cook

I found this list of Greek dishes to cook. Some of them I have cooked, some I have not. Either way, I was thinking of trying them out, even the ones that I have cooked before - every chef has their own way of doing things and I thought this might be a nice project for this fall. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Squash Dish with Phyllo?

My mother used to make this squash dish around this time of year that involved phyllo, but I can't remember what it is called! I lost my mother's recipes and miss her cooking so much, I am trying to recreate some of my childhood favorites. She used to sometimes use zucchini, other times she'd use butternut squash. It was kind of sweet but not sweet like a dessert. Just enough sweetness.

Good Tiropita Recipe to Share?

Does anyone here have a good tiropita recipe they'd like to share? My husband just told me that it was one of his favorite dishes and I want to surprise him by making it. I tried asking the ladies in his family and they tried to explain it, but no one has a recipe. I was thinking if maybe I could see a recipe, I could adapt it based on what they told me? I am sure he likes the way his family makes it best so I want to find a way to learn it, and then surprise him.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter