1 - 4 of 4 Posts

cubrinj

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!

ellinasgolfer0320

Pastitsio or spanakopita

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

Spanakopita for sure! It's pretty easy, all you need to do is cook down some spinach, mix it with feta cheese, and roll it in store bought phyllo dough.

k_tsoukalas

Hi everyone, I was invited to my office's potluck in two weeks and I am trying to figure out what to bring. Everyone in the office really likes Greek food, and we usually go to a Greek restaurant down the street for dinners with clients. Does anyone know what would be a good dish to bring to a potluck? Probably something that's easy to cook because I don't tend to cook a lot of Greek food at home. Thanks!
I would do spanakopita, or something like this, which is always a crowd pleaser. It's more Greek-inspired than traditional Greek, but the flavors are all there. I serve it with crispy pita chips or soft pita bread cut in triangles:

Have you ever tried shrimp dolmadakia?

Shrimp dolmadakia are a lesser known dish that is made locally in the Ionian islands. The flavor is very similar to those made with beef since they both use tomato sauce and aromatic herbs. The only difference is that there is a strong seafood taste, as they are cooked in a seafood broth. These ones here are made in an abstract shape and topped with lemon sauce. It’s a super unique dish that I definitely recommend you try if you ever see these on the menu.

5FD88351-B1D5-4DE5-97E8-A4BBE3992EF0.jpeg

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

Xoriatiki or village salad is the best!

This salad is a classic! It’s customary to order this at every single meal in Greece. It perfectly balanced the heavier meat and potato dishes. It’s always so good and I highly recommend that you order it. I just had this one, it’s a little more modern style but the flavors are the same. 😊
946D0E9B-7534-4C16-A034-22FE36ED191A.jpeg

Seasoned goat wrapped in parchment paper

This dish is phenomenal! The goat is seasoned with thyme, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper and wrapped in parchment paper to keep all of the juices and seasoning inside the meat. I am not sure what the red berries are, but they didn’t have a very strong flavor. Of course, it is served with potatoes that are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. I finished the mail off with a great baklava. Cheers my friends!!

93E11D4A-A89C-425B-B7CD-47036AF5A91D.jpeg

Loukoumades are the best shareable dessert

Loukoumades are Greek balls of fried dough covered in honey or syrup and cinnamon. Nowadays, there are many different variations and you can order these with Nutella, pistachio, and different sweets on top. Sometimes I like to get mine with ice cream as well. They’re perfect for sharing, and kids love them!
7D7AAAE2-F09F-4E5C-A1B1-C8DD3D9E82DF.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter