1 - 9 of 9 Posts

mj_toronto8

Can anyone give some advice for what food is best for weddings? I’m getting married in Greece this summer and I want the wedding to pretty traditional in some senses. I’m not Greek, but I love the food and culture and want to make it a part of my wedding.

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Some of the best authentic Greek foods that I have eaten at a Greek wedding have been (in no particular order!):
Tiropita, Spanakopita, Greek style steak, Greek salad (many different types) and of course Greek style roasted Lamb!

spanakopita-recipe-768x512.jpeg

Reactions: nadellii

TatianaS

Congrats! If you want the environment to be elegant but traditional, I would suggest lots of traditional meze as appetizers and a plated dinner for the main course. It's a perfect balance! Some meze favorites: Spanakopita, tiropitakia, meatballs, dolmades, marinated olives, grilled octopus & calamari!

nadellii

If you want to make the wedding traditional and fun :), I would recommend spit roasted lamb or chicken. It’s always so fun when people go all out and roast meat! If you’re not Greek, then some of your guests might not be used to seeing whole animals roasted outside, but it would be a great moment to try something new and get involved in the culture.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

k_tsoukalas

I vote for serving kourabedies - the ultimate celebratory dessert!

kourabedies.jpg

I would suggest serving some traditional Greek wines, your guests will appreciate it and it's a great way to buy local when you're there.

Reactions: TatianaS

TatianaS

I would suggest serving some traditional Greek wines, your guests will appreciate it and it's a great way to buy local when you're there.Y
YES! Greece does have some amazing wines!

Vicky

Congrats! I got married to a Belgian guy in 2019 (I’m Greek) in Greece and the food that he (we) chose was mostly Greek. Eggplant with meat, dolmadakia, pork and chicken skewers, Greek salad, tzatziki amongst other delicious dishes that I didn’t try (since the hubby decided to eat my food as well as his 😝 .!). Still though it was great! I would also add different types of pitas (feta cheese pie, spinach pie etc). As far as the wine goes, our Belgian and British friends loved it (one of them drunk 6 bottles..!).
enjoy the special day!

Joni T.

Some of the best authentic Greek foods that I have eaten at a Greek wedding have been (in no particular order!):
Tiropita, Spanakopita, Greek style steak, Greek salad (many different types) and of course Greek style roasted Lamb!

View attachment 63
What is Greek style steak?

What should I expect at a Greek wedding?

I'm going to a Greek wedding this summer for the first time, are there any customs I should be aware of? I'm so excited!!

What are some trendy and new ways to dye Greek easter eggs?

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!

I am a non-Greek and I don’t know how to choose Godparents

I am six months pregnant and I'm married to a Greek guy and we've been having lots of discussion about Godparents. I'm not Greek so I don't know too much about Godparents and I've never had any. Could anyone give me some advice on how to choose Godparents? I’m so lost!!

How are you celebrating Greek Independence Day this year?

There won't be any parades :( so I'm looking for fun ways to keep the Greek spirit alive, any tips?

greek-flag-900x675.jpg

What are some old Easter traditions?

I'm curious...are there any older Easter traditions that we don't practice anymore? Has Easter always been celebrated with the lamb, Anastasi and egg cracking?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter