1 - 10 of 10 Posts

nm1999

One of my friends is taking a modern Greek history course, and he's struggling to find a topic for hispaper. I told him about this forum, and I'm thinking that some of you history buffs would have good ideas. The paper is supposed to pinpoint a pivotal moment/change in Greek history and discuss how the leadership and government influenced this change. Any ideas?

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
WOW what a big question to ask LOL!

Here are several topics to consider (that quickly come to mind!):

- Top Inventions from Ancient Greece
- History of the Biggest Military Battles of Ancient Greece
- Top Ancient Greek Plays
- History of coin money that was created in ancient Greece
- History of the Athens Acropolis
- Where Was Ancient Greece Exactly?
- Biography of Alexander the Great
- Biography of Plato

Hope this helps with topic brainstorming for your history paper! 🇬🇷 🇬🇷

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

I think World War 2 or the Independence from the Ottoman Empire are major moments in Greek history

amygdalE

One of my friends is taking a modern Greek history course, and he's struggling to find a topic for hispaper. I told him about this forum, and I'm thinking that some of you history buffs would have good ideas. The paper is supposed to pinpoint a pivotal moment/change in Greek history and discuss how the leadership and government influenced this change. Any ideas?
For the highest level of research difficulty: The Greek invention of Man [not of gods or of heroes]. The primary sources would have to be some philosophers, poets, and historians in ancient history. On second thought, this would be a good topic for a doctoral thesis or dissertation. Never mind.// This topic would also be good for a thread in WG, to which various members could contribute.

Last edited:
The forgotten Greek Islands of Tenedos and Imvros, that the Turks haven't given back after the war.

Reactions: nadellii

nadellii

The forgotten Greek Islands of Tenedos and Imvros, that the Turks haven't given back after the war.
I’ve never heard of this….will look into it now thanks! Is this well known?

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

k_tsoukalas

Ohi Day is one of them. The Battle of Crete is another. How about something on how Mani declared war against the Ottoman Empire maybe a week before the rest of Greece was on board?

k_tsoukalas

What is the most debated topic in Greek history?

I'd love to start a couple of debates and great conversations! I'm definitely not looking for a fight, just trying to have some engaging conversations. What are the biggest debates that you and your friends or family get into about Greek history?

New archaeological museum maps history of western Crete .

What is the history of hookah in Greece?

I have recently seen quite a few videos of old traditional Greek music, and many of the singers seem to be singing and eating alongside a hookah pipe. I don’t really think that this is common in Greece nowadays, so I’m wondering what the history is behind this practice. Does anyone know how it was introduced in Greece and why it went away?

What is your favorite ancient Greek war?

Ancient Greece is probably most famous because of its famous militaries and wars. In my opinion, ancient Greece is military advances are just unmatched in comparison to other empires. I am very curious to know, what is everyone’s favorite ancient Greek battle or war? Personally, I love any battle that is in between Athens and Sparta, these were such powerful military forces and I love reading about how they went head-to-head. Let me know your thoughts!

Who is your favorite Greek leader?

Throughout all of the years and empires throughout Greek history, who is your favorite leader? Who do you think did the best job in leading and supporting Greece. Personally I think Venizelos was great, since he contributed greatly to the modern success of Greece both domestically and on an international level.
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter