1 - 8 of 8 Posts

nadellii

This post is for all of my budgeters! I would love to know if anyone has advice on inexpensive islands visit in Greece. I have found that over the years, the prices of hotels and restaurants are increasing and getting way too expensive. I would love to keep traveling to Greece, because it’s my favorite destination but I don’t want to break the bank either. Any advice from seasoned Greek travelers? Thanks 😊

Hash

This post is for all of my budgeters! I would love to know if anyone has advice on inexpensive islands visit in Greece. I have found that over the years, the prices of hotels and restaurants are increasing and getting way too expensive. I would love to keep traveling to Greece, because it’s my favorite destination but I don’t want to break the bank either. Any advice from seasoned Greek travelers? Thanks 😊
Which islands have you already travelled to?

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

I recommend Paros! Much cheaper than Mykonos and Santorini and a quieter alternative

Reactions: Laura48

The Greek Vibe

Hello from Athens. I would say the cheapest island would be Evia and some remote parts of Crete. But have in mind that prices change - become higher in July and August. So, if you travel in September, you'll find better prices (and fewer crowds and better service). :)

francescool

Hello from Athens. I would say the cheapest island would be Evia and some remote parts of Crete. But have in mind that prices change - become higher in July and August. So, if you travel in September, you'll find better prices (and fewer crowds and better service). :)
Great advice, if you're looking for cheap then don't travel during the summer

Reactions: Lotjeurope

Lotjeurope

Go to the lesser known islands like Andros, Tinos ( easy to reach from Athens ) or the smaller ones Amorgos, Folengandros, Sikinos ( travel time and costs are higher) and off season is always cheaper.

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

Go to the lesser known islands like Andros, Tinos ( easy to reach from Athens ) or the smaller ones Amorgos, Folengandros, Sikinos ( travel time and costs are higher) and off season is always cheaper.
Sikinos is a great recommendation! I had a friend who went a couple years back and they still can't stop talking about it. Cyclades is the best!

k_tsoukalas

I am curious about which islands you traveled to, as well. Which places in Greece do you find expensive, so that it can put things into perspective... I have lately found all of Greece expensive, just because it is a pretty expensive process getting to Greece from the United States.

Embrace the Greek way of life.A transportive Greek experience. Papadakis Summer Festival!

Greek tourism industry bounces back despite Europe's cost of living crisis.

They are already discussing to increase the hotel rates by at least 25%!

Greece returns to ‘normal’ Easter tourism after two years pandemic hiatus!

All about Sea Turtles (day) in Greece!🐢🐢 🐢

The biggest enemy of these beautiful creatures is the Humans!
https://greekcitytimes.com/2022/05/23/all-about-sea-turtles-in-greece-on-world-turtles-day/🐢🐢

What place in Greece do you regret travelling to?

I thought I'd ask a more of a provocative question on this forum. I'm absolutely in love with Greece, and I truly think that every single place in the country is beautiful. But of course, some things aren't for everyone. Which makes me ask the question, what place in Greece do you regret travelling to? I can't wait to see some of these answers and debate in the threads!!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter