1 - 8 of 8 Posts

nadellii

This post is for all of my budgeters! I would love to know if anyone has advice on inexpensive islands visit in Greece. I have found that over the years, the prices of hotels and restaurants are increasing and getting way too expensive. I would love to keep traveling to Greece, because it’s my favorite destination but I don’t want to break the bank either. Any advice from seasoned Greek travelers? Thanks 😊

Hash

This post is for all of my budgeters! I would love to know if anyone has advice on inexpensive islands visit in Greece. I have found that over the years, the prices of hotels and restaurants are increasing and getting way too expensive. I would love to keep traveling to Greece, because it’s my favorite destination but I don’t want to break the bank either. Any advice from seasoned Greek travelers? Thanks 😊
Which islands have you already travelled to?

Reactions: redsoxdw_

redsoxdw_

I recommend Paros! Much cheaper than Mykonos and Santorini and a quieter alternative

Reactions: Laura48

The Greek Vibe

Hello from Athens. I would say the cheapest island would be Evia and some remote parts of Crete. But have in mind that prices change - become higher in July and August. So, if you travel in September, you'll find better prices (and fewer crowds and better service). :)

francescool

Hello from Athens. I would say the cheapest island would be Evia and some remote parts of Crete. But have in mind that prices change - become higher in July and August. So, if you travel in September, you'll find better prices (and fewer crowds and better service). :)
Great advice, if you're looking for cheap then don't travel during the summer

Reactions: Lotjeurope

Lotjeurope

Go to the lesser known islands like Andros, Tinos ( easy to reach from Athens ) or the smaller ones Amorgos, Folengandros, Sikinos ( travel time and costs are higher) and off season is always cheaper.

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

Go to the lesser known islands like Andros, Tinos ( easy to reach from Athens ) or the smaller ones Amorgos, Folengandros, Sikinos ( travel time and costs are higher) and off season is always cheaper.
Sikinos is a great recommendation! I had a friend who went a couple years back and they still can't stop talking about it. Cyclades is the best!

k_tsoukalas

I am curious about which islands you traveled to, as well. Which places in Greece do you find expensive, so that it can put things into perspective... I have lately found all of Greece expensive, just because it is a pretty expensive process getting to Greece from the United States.

Best place for fresh seafood in Greece?

One of the things I love about Greece is the abundance of fresh seafood. What is your favorite destination for enjoying seafood? I know that any coastal area of Greece will have only he best, but I didn't know if you had some standout places. I love heading down to the shore as the fishing boats come in and watching people select what they want. One time, I asked if any of them were restaurant owners and I went afterwards to enjoy a great meal there.

Greece Sets Developing Wedding, Luxury Tourism as Priority

Best Archaeological Museums in Greece?

I am thinking of retiring to Greece. Right now, I suspect it will be on Corfu, but I haven't quite decided. I will be visiting Greece next year to get a feel for things.

When I go, I want to make sure I visit some of the best Archaeological museums I can find - because learning about Ancient Greek History is one of my favorite things.

Here is my list -please let me know if I forget anything!

** The museum at the Acropolis.

** Archaeological Museum in Heraklion

** The one in Thessaloniki

** Archaeological Museum of Corfu

Did I miss any that I absolutely should see during my trip? I'll be about a month in Greece, so I should have time.

Greek Tourism Revenues Exceed €18 Billion !

Now isn't this an impressive number!?.... Not final yet.... even with this figure Greece is extremely vulnerable to go into recession!!

World Travel Awards 2022: Greek Tourism clinches global distinctions

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube