1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nadellii

Hey everyone, I am planning my trip to Rhodes, what are the differences between old town and the new town? Where is the best for tourist attractions and hotels? I love the look of the old town but what else does it have to offer?

Rhodes-Greece-720x479.jpg

Hey everyone, I am planning my trip to Rhodes, what are the differences between old town and the new town? Where is the best for tourist attractions and hotels? I love the look of the old town but what else does it have to offer?

View attachment 140
The old town is inside walls with Coffee shops and Restaurants and a spectacular museum. Where ever you choose to stay Rodos is a beautiful island with beaches that vary too much (sandy beaches, black large Stones etc). Its the best place in Greece to spend your holidays

I love the old town!! It's such a beautiful part of history, and its even designated as a UNESCO world heritage site.

Recommend a good beach near Rhodes Town?

I am trying to plan my latest trip to Greece. To be honest, I don't like to plan too heavily, but I do like to know where I am staying and have a general idea of things to do. Whether or not I do them once I arrive is another story, but at least I have options.

There are a lot of beaches near Rhodes Town. Do you guys have a favorite? Some options I found:

• Elli Beach
  • Kato Petres Beach
  • Sachtouri Beach
I am just basing this list on what I found on the Internet. I have no attachment. I love beaches that have services close or as part of the beach. Like a toilet, maybe a restaurant or cafe.

Euronet are continuing to install their ATMs

This American company have installed thousands of ATMs in Greece.I saw a new one today 22 February has been installed @ Afandou opposite a taverna & near a bus stop.
Their rate of exchange is pits & their withdrawl fee is high.So best avoided.

Web cameras on Rhodes

There are several cameras. go to youtube.com
search for DHMOS RODOY

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Traveling to Rhodes this Year?

I have a friend who was supposed to go to Rhodes this year as part of a cruise. This isn't until September. She saw about the fires and is freaking out a little bit. The cruise company hasn't been in touch yet.

Do you guys have any advice on what she should do, so I can pass it along to her? She's not online much so I thought I'd post this for her.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back