1 - 2 of 2 Posts
I love Eretria theater, it's so beautiful! Does anyone know the history?

eretria-greece-900x554.jpg

xmelissaa

Eretria means “city of the rowers”, and is located on the island of Euboea. Some of the artifacts are from the Neolithic period and the first known settlement was located and dated back to the Helladic period. The site was later abandoned in the Greek Dark Ages.

What are the biggest influences of the Byzantine empire in Greece?

I'm not a historian but I'm super curious about what impact the Byzantine empire has had on Greece's culture and overall history.

What are your favorite Greek history documentaries/films?

Hi guys! Film and history buff here. I especially love old foreign films, do any of you have some Greek favorites?

The geometric art style of the Ancient Athenians!

Did you know that the Ancient Athenians had their own distinct style from the rest of Ancient Greece? Many of the vases are destroyed and you cant see the designs, like in the picture below. But I love the black and terracotta color geometric style

greekvase.jpg

What is the Ptolemaic Kingdom of Ancient Greece?

Does anyone know a little bit about the history of the Ptolemaic kingdom? I'm doing a bit of research online and I can't seem to find good information, thanks!!

ancient-alexandria-720x540.jpg

Why did the Greek civil war start?

Does anyone know a bit more about why the civil war in Greece started?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter