1 - 7 of 7 Posts

blopez34

I've always wanted to visit this archaeological site but I don't know much about it. What can I do there?

During construction of a hotel in Mykonos, the ruins of a 2nd century BC tomb were discovered. During the Mycenean period, a king had the Thule tomb built for his queen to show his power and express his love for her.

During construction of a hotel in Mykonos, the ruins of a 2nd century BC tomb were discovered. During the Mycenean period, a king had the Thule tomb built for his queen to show his power and express his love for her.
Wow I had no idea that it was connected to a love story...how cool!

The hotel is definitely beautiful - I had no idea they uncovered this tomb while building it. This is one of the reasons why construction usually takes a while in Greece. You often need to get archaeologists involved!

Reactions: acamp7
Ans
The hotel is definitely beautiful - I had no idea they uncovered this tomb while building it. This is one of the reasons why construction usually takes a while in Greece. You often need to get archaeologists involved!
And structural engineering to support the weight of the building around the beams and that the discovery and findings do not get interrupted,I was there when the process was taking place having lived there.Kalley Mera apo mena from Thailand and monsoons beginning!

Reactions: acamp7
Yes indeed at the one of the most beautiful hotels on the island.. take a look,had the pleasure of being associated with them for many seasons, truly memorable experiences!❤️

Look what I shared: Art and History - Tharroe of Mykonos @MIUI| https://www.tharroeofmykonos.gr/experiences/art-and-history/
Thanks for sharing the link to the hotel. I wonder when it will be open to the public. I'm not sure why it's covered with a metal cover as it says on the hotel website

Shopping from local artisans while in Mykonos question

I'm planning a trip to Mykonos soon and one thing I'm really excited about is exploring the local artisan scene. I've heard that the island is home to many talented craftsmen and artists, and I'd love to bring back some unique and authentic souvenirs.

However, I'm not quite sure where to start or what to look for when shopping from local artisans. I'd really appreciate any tips or recommendations from those who have experience with this.

Do you have any favorite artisan shops or markets in Mykonos that you would recommend? What are some typical items or crafts that I should keep an eye out for? Any advice on how to distinguish authentic, locally made products from mass-produced tourist trinkets?

I'm also interested in learning about any cultural or historical significance behind certain artisanal crafts on the island. Understanding the stories behind the products would definitely enhance my shopping experience.

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Exploring Little Venice in Mykonos?

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting area of Little Venice in Mykonos and I've heard so much about its stunning views and quirky charm. I'm reaching out to this community because I know there are a lot of well-traveled folks around here who could share their insights.

Can anyone suggest the absolute must-see attractions and activities in Little Venice? I'm interested in anything from historical sites, picturesque spots for photography, to the best places to relax and watch the sunset.

Also, any tips on hidden gems or less-known spots you can recommend would be great too!

Thanks!

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back