1 - 1 of 1 Posts

seleanor

One of my favorite dishes in Lobster (when I can get it for a good price for a special occasion)! I am thinking of making a special lobster dish for my friend for his 35th birthday next month and he really likes Greek seafood. I would love to surprise him and the guests with something super extravagant. I know that Greek cooking is pretty simple, especially when grilling and cooking seafood...what is the best way to cook and serve a lobster Greek style? Any advice is super appreciated, I want this to be a special birthday!

How long can you store phyllo in the freezer for?

I've been stocking up on phyllo from the Greek supermarket for quite some time… about six months in the freezer. How long will it stay fresh for? And when will I need to use it by? If anyone has advice I would really appreciate it.

What should I put in my Greek seasoning blend?

I always love to make homemade seasoning blends because it’s so much cheaper and I can control exactly how much sodium is in the seasoning blend. I’ve seen many Greek blends online, but I wonder if you have any advice for some homemade blends. I’m sure that many will have oregano and black pepper, but I’m looking for some more suggestions. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Is it easy to eat gluten free in Greece?

My husband has a gluten allergy and it’s been pretty difficult traveling and eating gluten free. There have been many cases where people tell us that something is gluten free and it’s actually not, and he ends up having an allergic reaction. Is anyone gluten free and has traveled around Greece? How difficult was it and can you share a bit about your experience?

What desserts are served at Greek weddings?

Are there any desserts that are specific to Greek weddings? I’m going to a Greek wedding this summer and I would love to know waht tasty treats are on the menu so I know what to look forward to! 😋

How to make thick and creamy Santorini fava!

Santorini fava is a classic staple in Santorini cuisine, and it has spread all over Greece. The dish is very simple to make, and taste even better when you use high-quality ingredients like Greek olive oil. It is a very budget friendly meal, and can stay in the fridge for a few days without going bad. It can get a bit dry so I suggest squeezing some lemon and adding a bit more olive oil if you're going to eat it over the course of a few days. Here is how you make it:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter