1 - 2 of 2 Posts

cubrinj

I'd love to start a couple of debates and great conversations! I'm definitely not looking for a fight, just trying to have some engaging conversations. What are the biggest debates that you and your friends or family get into about Greek history?

k_tsoukalas

I'd love to start a couple of debates and great conversations! I'm definitely not looking for a fight, just trying to have some engaging conversations. What are the biggest debates that you and your friends or family get into about Greek history?
We don't really debate, we're pretty much in agreement. We LOVE talking about the Spartans especially, and in general, the Second Persian Invasion and its many battles.

Did you know about Ukraines historical Greek community?

Greeks are all over the world! Even in Ukraine, making them more vulnerable to the war that is going on right now between Ukraine and Russia. This Greek minority has been in Ukraine since Ionians came from the city of Miletus in Asia Minor in around 7th century BC. They settled in an area called Mariupul which as named after the Virgin Mary. Over time these Greeks developed their own culture and dialects, but unfortunately many have been forced to leave ever since the war.

These are the best history museums in Greece

Greece has some of the best museums of history museums in the world! And amazing opportunities to see history up close in archaic relics like the Parthenon and Epidavros. These are the best history museums in my opinion, but please let me know your favorites!

- Acropolis Museum
- Heraklion Archeological Museum
- Museum of Byzantine Culture
- National Archeological Museum

Trailer for Smyrna, Greek American historical drama

I am so excited to see this movie! It beautifully depicts the crisis of Smyrna, and shows the lives of those that were affected by the genocide. Let me know what you think of this trailer, and if you're thinking to watch it as well. I'm currently trying to find a link for the full movie online, but having some trouble.

Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter