1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Thalia18NY

Every year my family and I visit a different island, but this next trip I want to find a kid friendly place. Nice beaches with calm waters, kid friendly tavernas, maybe a water park, good playgrounds and other activities. Any suggestions?

Reactions: redsoxdw_

vkarag

i think Syros and Naxos are kid friendly places...

StamatiaMaria

Naxos for sure! There are so many beautiful and calm beaches to spend endless days on, from shallow to deep depending on what your looking for! Family friendly resorts and hotels are plentiful and there are some cool activities we did such as a mosaic art workshop, snorkeling tour and even a half day fishing trip where the kids got to pull in nets and the captain grilled up some fresh calamari and fish for us right on the boat. Planning on going again!

TatianaS

Krete is wonderful too, it's a large island with so much to do! Amazing beaches like Elafonisi Beach and Falasarna and tours of local farms and villages! My kids got to help hear goats :)

There is also some great history there especially for mythology lovers. We took the family to Psychro cave and the kids loved hearing the Story of Zeus' birth and how they hid him from his father, Cronus, who ate all his children for fear of losing power. They still talk about it!

redsoxdw_

Crete for sure! It's a huge island so it's not as stuffy and full of tourists. I find that the hotels are also a bit bigger, so there's more space for the kids' stuff. Good luck!

Reactions: StamatiaMaria

Stratos Morfis

For my opinion Naxos is the best island. We known for wonderful beaches, nice and cheap food and fresh summer nights and days

The Local Favour

Crete is indeed an amazing place for families, especially when you want to combine beach fun with history: a visit to Knossos and archaeology tour just for kids, a wonderful aquarium, botanical gardens with duck ponds, paddling in lakes and of course endless sandy beaches with shallow warm waters like Elafonissi.

Celestyal Cruises

Has anyone out there ever taken a Celestyal Cruise to the Greek Islands? I'm really intrigued by the concept of taking one when I feel safe to travel. They sound like they provide more of a "Greek" flare to onboard activities than the likes of Princess or Viking cruises. They are actually booking now for May, 2021, for anyone who is interested in traveling to Greece.

Why does Greece have so many stray dogs?

Don't get me wrong, they're so cute!! But why are there so many stray dogs on the street?

stray dogs.jpg

Is there gluten free food in Greece?

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)

Peloponnese vacation pictures!

I would love to see all of your vacation pics from Peloponnese or the mainland! So many people forget that it's just as nice as the islands. This is a beautiful hotel I stayed at in Peloponisos that used to be a monastery

peloponesse.jpg

What are the most useful Greek phrases while traveling?

Hey everyone, I just moved to Greece and I'm trying to learn as much Greek as possible. A lot of my friends aren't Greek though, so it's hard to keep up. I am planning on taking a few vacations to the islands in the summer...what are some phrases that I should know and use while traveling?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter