1 - 1 of 1 Posts

efhernandez_

I was recently gifted an oregano plant and it's been growing great and I've been able to cut off a few leaves. I use the fresh oregano in my cooking, but I would also like to dry the oregano and package it so I can use it later on. What is the process of creating the dried oregano that we see in the supermarket? Does anyone have any tips? I don't really have a green thumb myself.

G is not only for Greece but Gastronomy— and gourmands:

How to spruce up your leftover keftedes!

I always find myself having leftover meatballs or keftedes need a bit of sprucing up the next day. What I like to do is make a tomato sauce with wine, and heat up the meatballs with the sauce so that they soak it up and don't stay dry. This is the recipe for the sauce

- sauté one onion and two garlic cloves with olive oil
- add half a jar of tomato paste
-add cumin, black pepper, ground clove and basil
-after all the spices have been cooked, add one cup of red wine
-once the wine is bubbling, add one jar of tomato sauce
-cook for about 20 minutes over medium heat

What is the best Greek food to sneak in vegetables for kids?

My kids absolutely hate eating vegetables and I am always looking for ways to sneak in more and more vegetables. Does anyone have good Greek dish recommendations that have vegetables that don't taste too strong? Or existing recipes where I can add small pieces of veggies? I would really appreciate it, I am not the best chef but I am trying to switch it up these days and keep things healthy!

Soft and tender Greek lamb shank

I love making this tender lamb shank anytime I have a special occasion. While you can cook lamb shake in many different ways, I like to go sit in the oven just until the outside gets a nice darker color and some of the fat renders off. Of course, you should always serve this with either rice or potatos.

B72401EC-7AB7-44FB-8A89-6D27D4EBC3EC.jpeg

Its grilling season!

I’m so excited! This is the first day that I’ve been able to get outside and start grilling. I made some chicken, pork chops, and beef tenderloin seasoned with lemon and oregano. Is anyone else grilling this summer? 😎

CBC9304B-37FF-4E92-B0AA-7D2A11D52FFB.jpeg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter