1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

The evil eye is so pretty but I don't know exactly what it means. I've had many people explain it to me but it's a little confusing. Can someone explain it to me in their own words?

Evil-Eye-Mati-720x480.jpg

nm1999

The evil eye is supposed to ward off bad energy and jealousy, it's a superstition common all over the world.

Did you know about the Greek New Years pomegranate tradition?

This is one of Greece's most beautiful traditions that is rooted in Ancient and modern traditions. The pomegranate is the symbol of good fortune, fertility and luck which is why it is associated with New Years. One of the Greek customs that people do on New Years is taking a pomegranate and breaking it open by throwing it outside of your house on New Years day. If you throw it hard enough and it opens on the fist try, it will bring the most luck to you and your family in the New Year!

Greece has just raised the minimum wage

For the second time this year, Greece raised the minimum wage. Many don't even know that there is minimum wage in Greece, but there is! it is a little bit easier to bypass it because there is more corruption and less regulation in Greece than in other countries but nonetheless it's really great that the country is taking steps to raise it, in my opinion. The minimum wage is now €663 per month, which is still relatively low and difficult to live on, especially if you're in more expensive areas such as Athens.

Relaxing Greek music instrumental

This is one of the best Greek music instrumentals that I like to listen to when Im reading and working at home! Geia mas to all of the world wide Greeks community who like to have kefi and play some great tunes. Please post some great instrumentals in the comments, I love a good bouzouki solo! Cheers :)

What are your favorite Greek news websites?

I’ve been wanting to stay caught up with a Greek and use for sometime now, but I don’t have really good access to Greek TV through cable or through my smart TV. I usually like to watch on YouTube or on the websites directly. Can anyone recommend me a Greek news channels that posts on the internet that have really good journalism? I like to have a new perspective and keep up with what’s going on in Greece in Europe. Thanks so much everyone! Happy new year!

Celebrating Ephiphany Italian style in Venice!♥️

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter