1 - 4 of 4 Posts

auroracoor1

Hey everyone, I heard a really spooky story about how snakes gather at the foot of the Virgin Mary Church in Kefalonia every year on August 15th (the day of the Virgin Mary). Does anyone know anything about this? I'd love to hear the story and superstition behind it.

axariotisxy

Small grey snakes (with tounges in the shape of a cross) appear every year around the time of August 15th at the church, especially around the icon of the Panagia. People wait for the appearance of the snakes because they mean it's good luck. I'd love to visit and see them one year, so cool!

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

There have only been two times that the snakes haven't appeared at the church: right before World War II and before a major earthquake in Kefalonia....soooo spooky.

k_tsoukalas

That is crazy spooky! I also heard a similar story about Tinos for August 15? Anyone else know about the Tinos story?

Have you been to Assos village?

I want to take a trip to the village of Assos in Kefalonia to see what authentic Kefalonitiko life is like. Any advice?

Kefalonia-720x480.jpg

What are the best places to go to in Kefalonia?

Please let me know some of the best places you’ve been to in Kefalonia! I’m dying to go and want some advice on where to go. Pictures would be appreciated :)

What is the superstition behind the snakes at the Virgin Mary Church in Kefalonia?

Hey everyone, I heard a really spooky story about how snakes gather at the foot of the Virgin Mary Church in Kefalonia every year on August 15th (the day of the Virgin Mary). Does anyone know anything about this? I'd love to hear the story and superstition behind it.

Most beautiful beach in Kefalonia? Debate in the comments below :)

I know this is going to be controversial, but I'd love to hear everyone's experiences and thoughts about the most beautiful beaches in Kefalonia. I know that many of you are biased, but that's ok, I'll take that into account when making my travel plans this year LOL.

Special dishes from Kefalonia that I should try

This is kind of an awkward question, but I just started dating this girl from Kefalonia, Greece. And she keeps telling me about all of these amazing dishes that her family cooks that are specific to the village that she's from. Can any of you tell me what dishes are specific to Kefalonia? I would love to try them so I can impress here lol.

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter