1 - 4 of 4 Posts

dpappas87

I love to sing nursery rhymes to my younger cousins but the only ones I remember from my childhood are O Barba Brillos!

Reactions: dimi_pat

dimi_pat

I always sang "Ax Kounelaki" when I was little

Reactions: kosta_karapinotis
Here's a youtube video compilation

nik_ma

BTW, here is a video of Melina Kanakaredes singing a Greek lullaby (song starts at 5:20)

What are some old fashioned Greek wedding traditions?

My cousin is getting married and she wants to implement some older traditions into her wedding. I'm helping her plan it so I'm doing a little bit of research. Do you have any tips?

What is a good Greek easter outfit for a small child?

My sister is married to a Greek guy and she's wondering what a good outfit is for her kids for Greek easter. What would you guys recommend?

Why is Greek Easter on a different day every year?

I've always wondered this....does anyone know?

Can I use natural dye to dye red Easter eggs?

I've been trying to avoid toxins and chemicals these days. Has anyone used natural dyes to dye their eggs? Or even tried dyeing eggs with beet juice? Would it end up looking like the picture below or would it come out like a lighter pink?

redeggs.jpg

Please comment any links you have for virtual church services!

I'm in lockdown right now in Athens and I'm not able to attend any church services. If anyone has links for virtual church services I would really appreciate it :) Happy Easter everyone!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter