1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

Do you have any recommendations? I'm looking to do something adventurous :)

knicks_fan87

Have you considered taking a day trip to Mount Olympus? It's definitely an adventure and a historical hike that you won't forget

kosta_karapinotis

The Ladadika district for sure!! It's one of my favorite places to go to and is super famous

k_tsoukalas

There are so many things to do, it's hard to choose which to recommend. Here are some great choices:

ladytina

The Ladadika district for sure!! It's one of my favorite places to go to and is super famous

I totally agree - this is one of the best districts in the city! It's so interesting, and there is a lot to do. It's a section where there is a lot of history concentrated in one place, and there are shops and restaurants too.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

I totally agree - this is one of the best districts in the city! It's so interesting, and there is a lot to do. It's a section where there is a lot of history concentrated in one place, and there are shops and restaurants too.
I agree. I think it's the most famous district in the city

You should check out a PAOK soccer game at Toumba Stadium in Thessaloniki

Toumba Stadium is where the PAOK Football Club plays all of its games! Soccer games in Greece are very exciting and full of energy. I would argue that they're probably some of the most passionate soccer fans in the entire world. Of course, if they're playing a rival team I recommend exercising caution. Sometimes the fans can get pretty rowdy and fights can break out. It's definitely a great place to go if you're in the city! :)

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

I love the White Tower in Thessaloniki...

I love cities that have beautiful landmarks. Thessaloniki wouldn't be the same without the white tower! I thought I'd share a pic of the place. Please share yours if you have them... it's really a great, iconic place with lots of history.

white-tower-thessaloniki.jpg

You should rent a bike to tour Thessaloniki!

Many people don't think to rent a bike to see the city, but I think it's one of the best things you can do since Thessaloniki is right on the water and you will get some amazing views. Unlike different cities nearby, like Kavala, Thessaloniki doesn't have that many hills and is very easy to get around on the bike. I just recommend that you're careful of drivers, as Greek drivers can be a bit aggressive on the road. When I last visited, it was a few years back so I don't remember which bike rental company we used. So if anyone recommendations please drop them below.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube