1 - 6 of 6 Posts

mastichas09

Do you have any recommendations? I'm looking to do something adventurous :)

knicks_fan87

Have you considered taking a day trip to Mount Olympus? It's definitely an adventure and a historical hike that you won't forget

kosta_karapinotis

The Ladadika district for sure!! It's one of my favorite places to go to and is super famous

k_tsoukalas

There are so many things to do, it's hard to choose which to recommend. Here are some great choices:

ladytina

The Ladadika district for sure!! It's one of my favorite places to go to and is super famous

I totally agree - this is one of the best districts in the city! It's so interesting, and there is a lot to do. It's a section where there is a lot of history concentrated in one place, and there are shops and restaurants too.

Reactions: acamp7

acamp7

I totally agree - this is one of the best districts in the city! It's so interesting, and there is a lot to do. It's a section where there is a lot of history concentrated in one place, and there are shops and restaurants too.
I agree. I think it's the most famous district in the city

Allatini Villa is a baroque piece of Greek history in Thessaloniki

Allatini Villa definitely sticks out when you look at the rest of the buildings in Thessaloniki. This building is in the baroque architecture style and was built by an Italian architect names Vitaliano Poselli for a wealthy family who wanted a vacation home. Throughout the years, the building has been transformed for many different purposes. This video does a quick overview, and shows you the building from the outside but does not provide much detail. If anyone has more info, I would love to know.

Katerini is a great tourist town outside of Thessaloniki

Katerini is a lesser known beach and tourist town near Thessaloniki. There are some great restaurants right by the water that are very authentic and offer many different options like meze as well as home style Greek food. I’ve only visited once but I plan on going again when I visit Thessaloniki. Have any of you visited.

You can learn to play the The Lyre of Apollo at the Seikilo Museum in Thessaloniki

This museum is probably one of the most unique ones that I've seen. It's pretty small, but it's packed with many rich activities and experiences. One of the coolest ones that I would love to try is learning how to play the Lyre from a professional artist. Before you would like to participate, you will need to let the museum know that you will be visiting and that you are interested. No prior music experience is required!

More info

Fantastic exhibition happening at the Thessaloniki Museum of Byzantine Culture

This exhibition is titled "Philhellenisms, 1780-1860" and covers this crucial time period in Greek history during the Byzantine empire. The exhibition will showcase many different mediums of art including important texts from the time. The president of Greece will be attending to open up the exhibition, just showing how important and beautiful it will be to showcasing Greek history. I will be excited to visit soon!

The new Hellenic Temples

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter