1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Hash

Reactions: kcixcy and Vangelis
Woooow! How wonderful that they were recognized by Unesco, that's great see! Keep it up Thessaloniki

Reactions: Hash
Woooow! How wonderful that they were recognized by Unesco, that's great see! Keep it up Thessaloniki
For many years they should have anchored there for cruise ship stopovers and even hop on hop off holidays!!.... they don't think logically...⚓🇬🇷🇬🇷

Day Trips from Thessaloniki

What are some good day trips to do while in Thessaloniki? Some ideas to start:

- I know there are some great beaches in the area
- Did I see that Meteora is doable for a day trip?
- Are there any day cruises to nearby islands or anything?

Food Specialties of Thessaloniki?

I am looking into regional cuisines in Greece and I am actually going to Thessaloniki at some point this year to visit some people. What are some unique dishes, and maybe concepts, that may the culinary food scene here unique?

From my initial research, I understand that Thessaloniki is known for its vibrant markets, exceptional seafood, and sweet treats. However, I'm eager to dig deeper and explore the authentic local specialties that this city has to offer. I believe that the best way to experience a new culture is.

What are some dishes I should look out for? Or maybe some ingredients, too?

Self Guided Tour of Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know of any resources that will help me give myself a "self guided" tour of Thessaloniki?

I know I can look up all the main places online as I am there. However, I am more interested in finding a narration ahead of time and listening to it while I drive around and see some of the sites. Does such a thing exist?

I am in Thessaloniki for a short time with a group of people who don't like to do "tours" so I have some time to go off by myself for a few hours one of the days.

Heard there was a Christmas market in Thessaloniki?

I want to do something festive this year in Greece. I am going to be in Thessaloniki for a short time and I heard that there is actually a Christmas market? Is it any good?

Do any of you have any details?

I heard the market is in Aristotelous Square, but that's all I know about it. I am assuming there will be vendors and things to buy - maybe I can do some Christmas shopping here?

What is the nightlife like in Thessaloniki?

How is the nightlife in Thessaloniki? I have friends who are planning a wedding in the area, but they are not originally from Thessaloniki.

I have been, but I only went to one bar while I was there, and I didn't really venture out much. The people in the group love to dance in clubs, and they love to go out. It may also be that they'd be looking for a place to have a bachelor or bachelorette party.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back