1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Hash

Reactions: kcixcy and Vangelis

kcixcy

Woooow! How wonderful that they were recognized by Unesco, that's great see! Keep it up Thessaloniki

Reactions: Hash

Hash

Woooow! How wonderful that they were recognized by Unesco, that's great see! Keep it up Thessaloniki
For many years they should have anchored there for cruise ship stopovers and even hop on hop off holidays!!.... they don't think logically...⚓🇬🇷🇬🇷

What it is like living in Thessaloniki for a month

I love seeing experiences like this, so I thought it would be good to share. This couple has been living in Thessaloniki for one month, so they have a pretty good perspective on what it would be like for foreigners. Ever since covid, there have been more and more digital nomads and people working abroad for months at a time. If you're interested in the experience, I suggest you ask some questions on this forum as well to get advice from people who go to Greece often.

Katerini is a great tourist town outside of Thessaloniki

Katerini is a lesser known beach and tourist town near Thessaloniki. There are some great restaurants right by the water that are very authentic and offer many different options like meze as well as home style Greek food. I’ve only visited once but I plan on going again when I visit Thessaloniki. Have any of you visited.

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

You should check out a PAOK soccer game at Toumba Stadium in Thessaloniki

Toumba Stadium is where the PAOK Football Club plays all of its games! Soccer games in Greece are very exciting and full of energy. I would argue that they're probably some of the most passionate soccer fans in the entire world. Of course, if they're playing a rival team I recommend exercising caution. Sometimes the fans can get pretty rowdy and fights can break out. It's definitely a great place to go if you're in the city! :)

You should rent a bike to tour Thessaloniki!

Many people don't think to rent a bike to see the city, but I think it's one of the best things you can do since Thessaloniki is right on the water and you will get some amazing views. Unlike different cities nearby, like Kavala, Thessaloniki doesn't have that many hills and is very easy to get around on the bike. I just recommend that you're careful of drivers, as Greek drivers can be a bit aggressive on the road. When I last visited, it was a few years back so I don't remember which bike rental company we used. So if anyone recommendations please drop them below.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter