1 - 4 of 4 Posts

mastichas09

I've heard that there is a Tomato museum in Santorini!! Someone who's been there please tell me what I can see there and what this museum is! As a foodie myself, I'm so curious :)

seleanor

I've heard that there is a Tomato museum in Santorini!! Someone who's been there please tell me what I can see there and what this museum is! As a foodie myself, I'm so curious :)
I've never heard of this! SOunds cool though, I would love to check it out

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Great question! Last time I was in Santorini I did not have time to visit, but it is on my to do list for when I visit Santorini again.

Here is more information about the Santorini Tomato museum:

Reactions: TatianaS

k_tsoukalas

The tomatoes on Santorini are so unique, they are worth celebrating! They're delicious...

You should visit the Gyzi megaron Museum in Santorini!

This museum is great because you can learn about the true culture and history of the island. The museum houses great authentic and intricate engravings, local clothing so you can see what people used to dress like, mabs, and a general overview of Santorini history. The artefacts are from the 15th to the 19th century and there are many pictures that show what the island used to look like before it was one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world.

gyzi-megaron1-720x540.jpg

What scuba diving is like in Santorini

This is a sneak peek into what you can see while scuba diving in Santorini

Eco tourism is a huge need in Santorini

I would love to see some more eco tourism in Santorini! If anyone has any advice on more sustainable tourism places to go to on the island please let me know

Does transit through the Santorini airport take forever?

How long is the transit time? Especially during peak season?

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter