1 - 10 of 10 Posts

greek_ggirl

I thought I'd ask a more of a provocative question on this forum. I'm absolutely in love with Greece, and I truly think that every single place in the country is beautiful. But of course, some things aren't for everyone. Which makes me ask the question, what place in Greece do you regret travelling to? I can't wait to see some of these answers and debate in the threads!!

ellinasgolfer0320

Well, the one place I know I'd regret going to is Mykonos, and that said, I have no intention of ever visiting. A close second is Spetses. I wouldn't say I regret goin there, I just didn't enjoy it that much. It's expensive and not worth the money for what the island offers.

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

Well, the one place I know I'd regret going to is Mykonos, and that said, I have no intention of ever visiting. A close second is Spetses. I wouldn't say I regret goin there, I just didn't enjoy it that much. It's expensive and not worth the money for what the island offers.
I was just thinking of visiting Mykonos...Hmmm I think In need to do some research before I reconsider.

ellinasgolfer0320

I was just thinking of visiting Mykonos...Hmmm I think In need to do some research before I reconsider.
Most Greeks in Greece cringe when they think about Mykonos - it's not greek, it's outrageously expensive, it's filled with tourists, and the locals who still live there don't even have a public beach available to them. I can keep going but I won't.

Reactions: nm1999

Linda554

I regret going to Mykonos as well. To be fair, was only there for a day and didn’t go beyond walking distance of the harbour. It was hot, crowded and expensive.

nm1999

I regret going to Mykonos as well. To be fair, was only there for a day and didn’t go beyond walking distance of the harbour. It was hot, crowded and expensive.
What a shame, I've heard bad reviews as well. Did you go on a cruise?

Linda554

Yes it was a day trip, where we came over on the Alexander from Naxos. Boat ride was very nice and also stopped at Delos.
Naxos was perfect. Stayed there ten days.

Lotjeurope

Stayed in Mykonos to go to Delos. That is a good reason 😉

Lotjeurope

Don’t regret going to any island. Won’ t go to Iraklia again. Too small, but the people were friendly, the beach was good so no regret.

k_tsoukalas

No regrets at all - I've loved visiting everywhere I have been. Some, though, are definite repeats - like Crete - whereas some I don't necessarily feel the need to return to, simply because there is so much to see.

Greece's Astypalea Hosts Parkour's Most Prestigious Competition .

Spetses is amazing for shopping!

I haven't heard of many people talk about Spetses on this forum… Which is super strange because it's one of my favourite islands! It's very easy to get to from Athens, and the shopping is just amazing. There are very unique boutiques, with handmade items from Greece, Italy, and Turkey. They are a little bit pricey, which is why I recommend that you try and barter if you can. Here are some of my favorite stores...

- Sea+Sun Spetses
- The Yachting Club Boutique
- Pasiphaë

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Make sure you book in advance! Greece is fully booked this summer!

I can't say this enough! Please make sure that you book way ahead of time for your trip to Greece. I've been looking for hotels and flights, and almost everything is booked. The only air B&Bs and hotels that are left are either extremely expensive or very remote. It seems that people have been at home during Covid, and are feeling to get to Greece. This is a lesson learned for next year. Good luck to everyone!

Milos island is becoming more popular than ever!

I'm not even surprised that Milos is one of the most up and coming Greek islands this summer. So many of my friends are planning on visiting, and I have some cousins who went last year and have nothing but rave reviews. The island is pretty small, and known for its amazing beaches. As you can see in this video, it almost looks like you're on mars. The crowd is a little bit older, and the island is more slow paced and quiet. So I wouldn't recommend it fora younger group looking to go out a lot. Personally, it sounds like a great time to me!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter