1 - 3 of 3 Posts

seleanor

What are your travel tips for Aristotelis square in Thessaloniki?

Agia Sophia square is just down the street! It's one of the most beautiful plateias in the city! Totally worth a visit. In terms of actual stores or restaurants, I just walk around until I stumble upon something nice to do. The city is always busy and full of activities, you won't miss them

k_tsoukalas

Aristotelous Square is a great gathering point in Thessaloniki. There are many shops and cafes and it is a nice place to sit and enjoy the day. As someone else said, Sophia Square is nearby and that is a very beautiful place!

Is it worth going on a guided tour of Thessaloniki?

I'm wondering if I should book a guided tour to really get to know the city well and learn about all of the history and culture. Is it worth it? And would you recommend a private tour guide or going in a group? I really want to learn more about the places that I'm visiting and not just walking around aimlessly

Does anyone know if the annual festivals in Thessaloniki will be happening this year?

I always look forward to festivals like the Thessaloniki International Fair, the Thessaloniki International Film Festival and the International Book Fair. Does anyone know if they'll be happening this year?

What types of things can I see at the Ataturk museum in Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know what type of artifacts are on display at the Ataturk museum? My friend from Thessaloniki said that I have to visit

ataturk museum.jpeg

What are the cultural influences of Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki seems to be culturally (and architecturally) different than some of the other places I've been to in Greece...does anyone know about the cultural influences in Thessaloniki? Was it maybe a prominent part of the Byzantine empire?

The beautiful Agia Triada Beach in Thessaloniki

Agia Triada Beach is one of the most popular beaches in Thessaloniki but I haven't been yet. I don't usually think of beaches when I think of Thessaloniki but judging by this picture it's a must see! What are your thoughts?

agiatriada.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter