1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

Did anyone have any negative experiences that could help me out in understanding what I should avoid while visiting Kefalonia?? I know there's so many positives about the island, but I find it helpful to see the good and the bad :)

k_tsoukalas

I have unfortunately never been to Kefalonia, so I can't answer your question. Hopefully someone can chime in. Meanwhile, here are some resources for you - maybe there's something here that you'll find helpful:

I visited Gentilini winery in Kefalonia and it was amazing!

Gentilini is a really small family winery on the island that has a great selection of wines. I went on the tour and was able to see where all of the wines were made. Tours start in Easter and end in October, highly recommend to anyone visiting Kefalonia during those months.

There was a recent earthquake in Kefalonia

Just so that any travelers are aware, there was an earthquake in Kefalonia last week so there might be a few aftershocks. Greece is known for earthquakes, so this is nothing new and many of the buildings are built to withstand earthquakes

Here is a COVID update for visitors traveling to Kefalonia

Here is an update if anyone is interested :)

How can I avoid the crowds in Kefalonia?

I don't really want to get caught up in the touristy areas...where should I avoid in Kefalonia?

Is Kefalonia expensive in comparison to other Greek islands?

What are the prices like of hotels, food, and experiences? Is it affordable?
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter