1 - 4 of 4 Posts

xmelissaa

I'm planning my trip to Greece, and from what I've been told Greek people eat at different times than people from other countries. What are the most popular meal time is in Greece? What time should I plan to go out for dinner, lunch, and breakfast?

greek dinner.jpg

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
This is a great question!

When I was a kid in the 1980s I used to spend each Summer in Greece with my family.

Back then it was a light breakfast, big lunch around 1PM (afternoon nap), snack around 5PM and huge meal late at night LOL.

A few years ago I went again and it was similar but I don't see the afternoon rest anymore :)

greek-gyros-720x540.jpeg

Reactions: Joni T.

k_tsoukalas

When I am in Greece, the same schedule pretty much happens. Light breakfast, early afternoon snack, late afternoon snack, then a bigger meal like at 9 PM or 10 PM. Funny enough, that is the schedule I seem to keep even in the United States. My body seems to be hardwired to like it that way.

Reactions: Joni T.

Joni T.

I'm planning my trip to Greece, and from what I've been told Greek people eat at different times than people from other countries. What are the most popular meal time is in Greece? What time should I plan to go out for dinner, lunch, and breakfast?

View attachment 151
When I was in Greece, I just stayed on my regular schedule of eating, When one is going to a taverna, one could eat by the likes of the 6PM time if desired. I never wanted to eat supper at 9PM like the Greeks do. The only time I'd eat on their schedule is if I went to an event that included dinner.

How can I have a COVID safe baptism?

I was asked to be a nona (godmother), and I'm helping my best friend plan the baptism for her firstborn son. We're so excited but we want a lot of her family members to be present. I know technically baptisms are supposed to be held inside the church, but has anyone heard of baptisms being outside? She's planning on having the baptism in Greece, and the weather will most likely be very nice. Does anyone know if this is possible?

What are some trendy and new ways to dye Greek easter eggs?

hey everyone! My husband is Greek and we're going to be celebrating Greek Easter this year and I wanted to know if there are any trendy or cool ways to die a Greek Easter eggs. I want to add my own twist and get the kids involved too. Drop pics if you have them!!

Why do Greek Orthodox people fast?

I live in a predominately Greek neighborhood and a lot of my neighbors and friends are always talking about fasting… but I'm a little confused. I didn't know some Christians fasted. What is Greek orthodox fasting? What are you allowed eat or do and what are you not allowed to do?

What time do Greeks eat their meals?

greek dinner.jpg

How are you celebrating Greek Independence Day this year?

There won't be any parades :( so I'm looking for fun ways to keep the Greek spirit alive, any tips?

greek-flag-900x675.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter