Sofrito is one of Greece's best regional dishes! The recipe consists of a sauce made from parsley and spices that are used to marinade veal. The dish is a stew, which is super popular in Greece although most stews are called "kokinista" which are stews with tomato sauce. This stew is one of the few in Greece that is not made from a red sauce which is why you should really try it when you're visiting Corfu!!
I am thinking of visiting some friends for New Year's in Corfu this winter, but I have no experience with travelling to Greece outside of the summertime. What is it like in Corfu during December and January? I know that lately there have been a lot of changes to the weather and Greece has seen a lot more snow. What hasn't been like so far this year? And does anyone have any predictions for the rest of the season? I would really appreciate hearing a first hand account, thanks!
This is what you will expect from the climate in Corfu during the summer months! Great weather
• Temperature: 61.5° F (16.4° C) – 82.4° F (28° C)
• Precipitation: 14.1 mm
• Climate: 4.9 days of rain on average, 324.2 hours of sunshine, water temperature 69.8° C (21° C), warm/hot, muggy, 95% clear
• Humidity: 63.4%
• Temperature: 65.1° F (18.4° C) – 87.6° F (30.9° C)
• Precipitation: 9.2 mm
• Climate: 2.3 days of rain on average, 364.5 hours of sunshine, water temperature 73.4° F (23° C), hot, muggy, 95% clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 60%
• Temperature: 65.8° F (18.8° C) – 88.3° F (31.3° C)
• Precipitation: 19 mm
• Climate: 3.4 days of rain on average, 332.8 hours of sunshine. Water temperature 75.2° F (24° C), hot, 57% muggy, clear, beach/pool score 8.6
• Humidity: 62.2%