1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

1. Cliff diving at Amoudi Bay
2. Any public beach!
3. Visiting churrches
4. The three bells of Fira
5. Visit Akrotiri lighthouse
6. Hiking (not on a guided tour)

These are just my suggestions! Let me know if you have other ideas :)

k_tsoukalas

1. Cliff diving at Amoudi Bay
2. Any public beach!
3. Visiting churrches
4. The three bells of Fira
5. Visit Akrotiri lighthouse
6. Hiking (not on a guided tour)

These are just my suggestions! Let me know if you have other ideas :)

I am intrigued by the cliff diving. Is this something that people do a lot of here? I would also consider doing the walk along the coast (more like a hike I guess) from Fira to Oia. Gorgeous views! You could always take a taxi back to Fira, rather than walk both ways.

Are there Santorini hotels that offer non guests to visit their pools?

I am in the process of choosing a hotel to visit in Santorini this summer and it seems that many of the hotels are smaller and more boutique style and don't have pools. Does anyone know if the bigger hotels with pools offer non guest day passes? I would still love to chill by the pool one day and order drinks and snacks to my pool chair. Any advice? Thanks :)

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

Have you ever heard of Santorini tomato fritters?

I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon this article. It sounds a bit strange but it's something that I'd love to try making, anything that from is from the island of Santorini sounds tasty to me. This is also a really good recipe for anyone who is fasting, or for anyone who is avoiding meat. I personally am a big fan of tomatoes and I will definitely be trying these out soon. What does everyone think?

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter